Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the blue moon podcast and they seem to suggest that if you can't work out why it was a racist statement then you need educating.

It was clearly a joke and really needs to be treated as such. I can't bare this modern day witch hunt to outlaw anything which does not fit within the parameters of politically correct lingue

There is little point in anyone including myself elucidating on political correctness. Each has his or her own view and it will not be changed. You could write an 80,000 word PhD thesis on political correctness but it will not make me politically correct. Someone put up the Conguitos video no doubt expecting everyone to be shocked. I had a laugh and forwarded it to friends.

You are absolutely right in what you say, but this I am afraid is what you get when the lefty doctrine is allowed to run wild in sport and society. As I have said before the racism card wavers have done nothing but actually increase racism and division. Infact I truly believe that many want to do exactly that in order to maintain their own relevance....and of course keep their snouts deep in the trough.

Perhaps its time for some of the black players to speak out in favour of Bernado and infact call for some common sense to be applied across the board regarding this issue. Problem is if they did there would be some prick then label them racist as well.

We are headed toward a situation where people will simply not speak or communicate with anyone of a different colour, religion, or sexuality for fear of dropping themselves in the shit. Ridiculous and totally counter productive.

That common sense would be to support Bernado whilst asking him to do this shit privately.

Gotta love our press - Hounding a great player, nice guy and an asset to the Premiership out over what they know is a shit-stirring nonsense. Wouldn't blame Bernardo if this was the case - sets the prem alive with his skills, errudite, polite and informative interviewee, liked by all his colleagues and this is how the gutter shits turn on him. Pure bullying and destroying of a man's reputation for their own gain.

Recently there was an outcry about a group of Morris dancers blacking up. They argued that it couldn’t be racist as it was a centuries old tradition. My reaction to that was to accept that it wasn’t racist but to still think it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. And to wonder at their insensitivity if they hadn’t realised how offensive it could be.

I tend to think the same about Bernardo’s Tweets.

The only thing Bernardo is guilty of is his poor use of social media. A joke between mates shouldn't be made public.

Yet crowds in Italy and Russia make monkey noises to black players near on all the time and nothing seems to get done.

The only people I've seen outraged so far have been white people.
It will be extremely disappointing if Bernardo is made an example off.

Bernardo just needs to remember. Just because his mate and several others don't see a problem, you can guarantee someone will. No matter what colour they are.

You know it's only been in the last... 2/ 3 years since minority people have been represented as standard on TV.

I look now, and I see people of Black and White marriages/ mixed heritage in relationships on adverts between every other programme.

That's amazing and jarring at the same time.

When I go abroad to places like Spain, that's not in evidence, so that transition is a way off yet.

So, I can see why Bernardo is still infused into his country's position on race representation.

John Barnes got plenty of racist abuse back in the bad old days and well done to him for speaking out on the issue, he usually calls these issues pretty fairly. Infact he once turned up at a Liverpool Xmas party dressed as a KKK bloke, thought that was an excellent response to the idiots. Maybe he can attend his racial awareness course with Bernado dressed the same.

I fully expect Mendy to have to attend a course teaching him what and what not it is expected that he must be offended by.

Fookin' hell!!

Constantly wading chest high through this shit...

If Bernardo has apologised and Mendy has written a letter of support to the FArce, should they ban him, and stopping him for applying his trade, could he not sue them for restriction of said trade?

If ' outside influences' are offended, but not the person the tweet was aimed at, surely its obvious it's an attack on Bernardo by the press.

Counts!

So, if FA want's to do Bernado for this they have to claim that the logo of a Spanish Chocolate brand is a racist symbol, that may acually end with Conguitos owners Lacasa suing the FA.

And they'd lose if they brought and fought their case on these shores.

Their history of advertisement would condemn them to their own defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.