Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expert on the interrelationships of the Liverpool players as well are you? Your talents have no end.

No. It’s a joke. Because it’s Henderson and who doesn’t want to twat Henderson?

And assault is how to respond to something completely unintentional.

Mind you it does go to show how a joke or an image or banter between teammates, can be easily misunderstood, misinterpreted or taken offence by a wider audience :)

No from chatting absolute submissive shit.

Why should anyone at our club apologize? Bernardo has done nothing wrong and you and anyone who disagrees is quite honestly pathetic.

I admire pep for telling the press to go fuck themselves and I wish some of our supporters had even an ounce of his character.

Bernardo might have had no bad intentions, but the image was worthy of some Lads Alliance acolyte, provocatively posting a picture of a golliwog. We could have sorted it all out with a simple apology, attributed it to Bernie not fully appreciating the sensitivities involved, but instead we left Pep exposed and are now left with a PR shit storm entirely of our own making. It has absolutely fuck all to do with any of our supporters being either pathetic or lacking character.

This is a proper mental thread. I’m on a boat at the moment and have only intermittently been getting WiFi over the last week. Saw the first few pages and my first thought was, ahh Bernardo, daft thing to tweet in the current climate of the world being offended on others behalf, but say you appreciate that and crack on.
Imagine my surprise to log back on and see the shitstorm that’s entailed (not really surprised...)
The whole thing could and should have been handled better, the fallout is precisely because it wasn’t.
City’s PR team once again showing that they are useless ****s has pissed me off more than the tweet, Bernardo or Pep. City need some serious in-house shakeups because for the best run club in the world we have some proper clowns stealing a wage.
Hopefully next time I get WiFi this thread will be on page 4 but sadly, I doubt it.

Totally disagree.
Th only failing was the medium used to convey the message. I bet there are millions of similar exchanges between friends of mixed races not posted on a public platform for all to see. Should all those be rounded up, deemed racist/offensive and subsequently sent on an awareness course or should they be allowed to enjoy the banter they regularly share and obviously enjoy? Life is too short and I know which I prefer.

Hmm, you missed your own point!!

If it had been kept private, there wouldn't have anything to discuss.

You seem not understand that even though you've alluded to it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.