Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say the £50mil clause is a thing for next summer, yes that would be on the low side for that kind of money even though these days the big money goes for unproven kids, but let's just go off that figure

If you tell me that after buying Bernardo for £42mil, that we'd get 7 fantastic years, someone who's helped us win everything, someone who was unsettled and could have potentially left 3 years but didn't...AND then after he turned 30 we'd get £50mil, I'd say that's pretty good going
Exactly.

I’ve no idea why he wouldn’t be any team in the worlds number 1 target if available. Similar to Laporte. No idea why teams aren’t clambering to sign them.
Yea can't quite get my head around this, other than the fact these are players entering their 30's I don't really get it

Maybe have 1 theory, and there is a chance that we make players look better than they actually are

We've sold some good players in their prime or coming to their prime but very rarely do they excel after leaving us (at least when they've gone to "Big" clubs)

Sterling has struggled at Chelsea, think a lot knew that he'd not be the Sterling that we saw here but he was a disappointment

Gabby Jesus started well but he wasn't very prolific, Nketiah arguably is preferable to him

Ferran Torres has struggled

Sane was the one where everyone thought we were out of our mind to sell, but he been very hit and miss and he's never been as good as the version he was under us

All very good players but guys that have looked world class under us (Torres never showed that) haven't quite shone the same at other clubs

Maybe clubs are a bit cautious of purchasing guys who've been with us a long time as they might be getting helped by the rest of our squad also being world class

Just a theory

You know of course that the Barca stories will continue with or without clause and years on contract. It's what they do. They still won't be able to afford him next year, I think. Annoying - but as Pep would say 'It is what ....

I’ve no idea why he wouldn’t be any team in the worlds number 1 target if available. Similar to Laporte. No idea why teams aren’t clambering to sign them.

I know the persistent rumour has been Bernardo wants out, but consider he possibly isn’t that desperate to go that he will literally sign for anyone else?

Why would another team even try and bother signing him if Bernardo is only interested in Barca, Real or Benfica should he leave city?

Ignoring the Saudis for a minute, that "any team in the world" has to be of similar or higher standing than us though for him to want to go there. I don't think he massively desperate to leave, but it does seem like he wants to try something new and maybe live somewhere a bit more glamorous than Manchester. Realistically it's only really Barca, Real or PSG who can offer him offer him the combination of money/lifestyle/footballing ambitions that he's likely after. Barca have been holding out to get him for free because their financial situation is precarious, Real have prioritised other big names and PSG seem all over the place at the moment (and maybe not top of his list anyway given he's already won the league there with Monaco).

For Bernardo specifically, the reason there is no other interest is because he only wants to go to one place.

For other players we have sold in the past, there is elements of players looking good in our system but also that they have achieved everything so what is their motivation like. Sterling has a pocket full of medals, does he really still have that hunger now to drag a Chelsea team who are all over the place up the league?

I think very little of most management that are running the top clubs in Europe also, so I have a theory that its a bit of a conspiracy. The likes of Barca and so on are doing deals with us through gritted teeth because they don't want to give us ammunition to continue to dominate as we are.

We have already heard how Levy basically personally blocked any deal for Kane to us because he saw what happened with Walker. Levy would have rather carried Kane to the rags then give us another 30g a season striker because it would kill him inside as we romp to another title.

Surely they should announce it soon then, there's zero chance he goes to barca this window. Maybe they are waiting for the window to close for some unbeknown reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.