Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already too late to replace him now imo. Don’t really care what gentleman’s agreement we supposedly have with players, tough shit for Bernardo this time, we shouldn’t be letting him go anywhere.

Maybe Barca can cough up the cash promptly next summer.
If. Chelsea sign De jong they Barca can hand over the full amount for Bernardo

Talksport are discussing this as if he has gone, are they making stuff up?
I'm amazed anyone listens to them to be honest.

The guests have no connections and just go on it to say outrageous things to stir up the listeners. I'm sure tonight they will have someone on like Christ Sutton saying that "according to his mate who has connections into the City" Bernardo walked out at HT on Sunday and has joined Barcelona for about £15m. He'll be saying one minute that Bernardo is the best midfielder he's ever seen, but he's overrated, that we bought him for £55m and have made a HUGE loss and that Barcelona have a bargain and Pep is hurting. No doubt we were also paying him £750k a week.

Just switch it off and don't encourage them.

How on earth are Barca getting away with signing these players if they cannot be registered?? How is it allowed and how is it being "paid" for??
3 very different questions. They are an elite club, and it’s evident that different rules apply. Any other, lower club, in the same predicament would be in big trouble (just ask Malaga), but it’s Barca and so different rules apply. It stinks, it really does, but apparently they haven’t broken any rules and they’ll be allowed to register their players and probably sign Bernardo too. It’s Barcelona and evidently that is enough to look the other way. It really does make a mockery of the whole reason why FFP was introduced. Borrowing against future payments, deferring wages etc etc, they are a shambles, but it’ll be brushed under the rug and forgotten about.

He’s just done a full two page spread for ESPN that was conveniently staged around a boot deal/new boots, where the questions inevitably led to is he happy City etc etc etc, which is now being quoted in every news agency, not to mention the mumbling interview he gave in the states, if this was any other player they’d be getting pelters (which I’m not advocating) but because we all love him it’s acceptable, I expect him to ramp things up a little more but not cause any aggro, he looks uncomfortable & is at pains to say he wants to be respectful, which probably means Barca have asked him to rock the boat a little (cunts) to facilitate a lower fee
Cucurella did the same but it didn't reduce the transfer fee and he ended up at Chelsea. Barcelona aren't going to get their own way either. If Barcelona really want him then they have to cough up or if not Bernardo would have to suck it up for one more season where we might be more receptive in reducing our demands.

He’s just done a full two page spread for ESPN that was conveniently staged around a boot deal/new boots, where the questions inevitably led to is he happy City etc etc etc, which is now being quoted in every news agency, not to mention the mumbling interview he gave in the states, if this was any other player they’d be getting pelters (which I’m not advocating) but because we all love him it’s acceptable, I expect him to ramp things up a little more but not cause any aggro, he looks uncomfortable & is at pains to say he wants to be respectful, which probably means Barca have asked him to rock the boat a little (cunts) to facilitate a lower fee

But what has he actually said that's of any consequence? He's admitted that he's spoke to the club and they know his position but if it doesn't happen for whatever reason he'll be happy here and give his best. That's not forcing our hand or hurting our negotiating power because we can keep the player and he'll be as good as he's always been.

Nothing he's said is of any suprise to us nor rocking the boat.

Nothing has changed. £80m and he is Barcelona's (although he might not be getting much game time for awhile)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.