Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far too late in the day to be losing him. I empathise, he's homesick and he has been a model professional for us. But I'm sorry Bernie lad, unless we get >100mil or FDJ in return, you'll have to give us one more year.

Pep and the hierarchy have some admirable principles but we shouldn't adhere to them if it's detrimental to the club. Why couldn't his exit have been negotiated a month ago?
You can`t be "homesick" if you don`t plan to go back to your native country.

I`ve stated that Grealish is also wasted out wide.
Interesting…almost a similar trajectory to Bernie whereby move them infield the more time spent with Pep etc. He has the skill set it’s just ensuring he can do it. I’d be more inclined to play Phil middle than Jack (right now)

need to keep him until he's 30-31 at least, absolute key player for us and i think that extends to off field. looks to be popular with all the players, something that cant be underestimated having a bunch of good mates bonding.

He's wanted to leave for a couple of years now, some point need to let him go. More concerned we have allowed Raz and Jesus to go in the same window. Suddenly we don't look like we have the strength in depth we have become used too

He's wanted to leave for a couple of years now, some point need to let him go. More concerned we have allowed Raz and Jesus to go in the same window. Suddenly we don't look like we have the strength in depth we have become used too
We'll let him got when we are ready to do so. We let both Sterling and Jesus go when they had 12 months left on their contracts. Both still performed regardless of their situations. We aren't giving Bernardo away despite the agreement and we aren't giving Barcelona a peg up either.

Last edited:
To be fair my response alluded to the fact it isn’t all Twitter BS (which it isn’t) this has come from the horses mouth, and Bernie sounds uncomfortable with it. The fact he is saying something only serves to fan the flames, everyone knows how this works, nobody will be surprised as we’ve heard it all before, in fact it’s becoming an annual occurrence, that has the potential to split the support which I feel is a consequence

Who would've thought this was Twitter BS? Pep literally admitted it this season and last. The key is that he's still happy here and will give his best. This isn't comparable to the Lewandowski issue for instance when the player tried everything to push for a move. Bernardo wants to leave, which we all know, but is respectful with the club and hasn't harmed our negotiating position.

What more can we ask of a wantaway player?

If he wants to go and Barcelona have the money to pay what we want, then let go of him. It will only distract us going into a busy season. Get the replacement in now (if that is Paqueta) and shift him on if the money is right.

Bernardo is a great player, but bigger and better players have left us and we've replaced them. He's no David Silva or Kevin De Bruyne. He doesn't have the David Silva ability to control a game or the David Silva killer pass to split a defence, and his numbers are nowhere near KDB's. He's a Fantastic System player.

Or we could replace Bernardo with Foden in the middle of the park and bring in a fast pacey winger with fantastic ball retention (Nkunku). Then also go for Bellingham next summer to shore up the midfield. Also wouldn't mind seeing Frenkie here if we could do a swap deal plus cash.

We will replace him with Similar quality or better. Mark my words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.