Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just read the article in the MEN in which Bernie “breaks silence” on this matter and I don’t see any change in what we already knew. The Club want to keep him but won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave and brings an appropriate offer. He sounds like he wants to leave but is “happy to stay” if it doesn’t happen.

So, assuming Barcelona is the only possible destination, it’s up to them to come up with an ”appropriate offer”. Considering that they can’t register a bunch of players they have already signed and (according to what I have read on here) still owe us for Torres, it’s hard to see how they are going to do that. I have read this morning that Pique will play for free and Chelsea are ready to sign DeJong and Aubameyang so maybe that will raise enough cash.
Barca may say Pique will play for free, but I suspect he's be accommodated by other means If you know what I mean...Nudge nudge, wink wink.

One too many this, all bullshit aside, he HAS to stay, why should anyone give a shit if his missus and dog want a place back in the sun, the CLUB and FANS come first, we need to man the f**k up here, (sign a replacement City and LB as well) sick of players being in charge of the club, are we 2nd best if a Barca don’t find the cash? Pep saying the players interest and desire comes first is bollox - the player has a contract, good luck to that.

I`m with you on this mate.Gives us greater time to look not for one midfielder but probably 2/3 and I would expect a "gentlemans agreement" to be in place between Pep and Bernie.Unlike that twat Levy I don`t think Pep would renege on any such deal.

I also expect City to move for Bellingham and we`ll not have much difficulty getting him and he wont be swayed by going to the Dippers, due to his very good friendship with our Number 9. ;)

If we let it be known we are seriously prepared to go north of £100m for Bellingham - the Dippers will distance themselves and move on. I genuinely don’t think Fenway sports will want to get into a bidding war…

…. of course they’ll then woman to their media friends about us ruining football, petro-dollars…. Etc… etc…. Expect a tsunami of negative media…. Around us signing Bellingham who will suddenly be bang average and over rated….

One too many this, all bullshit aside, he HAS to stay, why should anyone give a shit if his missus and dog want a place back in the sun, the CLUB and FANS come first, we need to man the f**k up here, (sign a replacement City and LB as well) sick of players being in charge of the club, are we 2nd best if a Barca don’t find the cash? Pep saying the players interest and desire comes first is bollox - the player has a contract, good luck to that.
Yes, best leave it to the professionals.

If we let it be known we are seriously prepared to go north of £100m for Bellingham - the Dippers will distance themselves and move on. I genuinely don’t think Fenway sports will want to get into a bidding war…

…. of course they’ll then woman to their media friends about us ruining football, petro-dollars…. Etc… etc…. Expect a tsunami of negative media…. Around us signing Bellingham who will suddenly be bang average and over rated….
I agree but a player can dig his heels in and "choose" the club of his choice.We don`t know if theres a ??? (bloody hell head like a sieve, but the same as Jack G. had in his contract at Villa). ;)

Not seen his interview.....has he given any specific indication as to his reasons for not being totally content?
This is the ESPN interview with Bernardo:

"Q. There has been a lot of speculation about you, this summer and last summer, how do you view your future?

A. I've always said that I'm happy here, but I have no idea what's going to happen. We'll see, honestly. My relationship with the club is very honest. I've been open with them and they know what I want. If I stay, I'm very happy, and I will always respect this club and give all my best. If not, it's football and we'll just see what happens.'

"Man City is a big club, and they don't want players who are not happy at the club. They always say to all of us that if you're not happy, you can go. Of course, they are in business and they want the right amount of money for letting us go, but personally it's a relationship with the club that is very respectful. They have always been honest with me and I have always been honest with them.

As I said, I will always respect my relationship with Man City, with the fans, with the staff, with my teammates, so whatever happens happens and for sure, it will happen in a very respectful way."

Hopefully he stays

It might well be posturing to attract further talent.

I hardly doubt we’re being very nice to contractual situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.