Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a weird one for me. If you were to tell me that Bernardo was going to repeat this seasons form into next season, I'd advocate selling him for a hefty fee. That's primarily due to the fact it's almost a travesty that a talent like him isn't playing to his usual standards. He's genuinely so good that it's infuriating that he's barely done nothing of note all season and seems to just be a passenger on the field. If we can't work out how to get him back to his best, maybe it's best he goes to Barcelona and rediscovers his form.

More than slightly playing him down there. Slow initially in the first half of his first season as he adapted, then very good for the second half

His second season was genuinely world class. He was easily one of the best midfielders in the world and was literally being talked about as a top 10 player this time last year. He made the Ballon D'or shortlist! This season slow, yes, but its not quite one just 'good' season in three. It was a damn sight better than that. You don't give up on someone that cheaply who clearly has that much ability. Stones' time at City doesn't even come close to Bernardo's. He's never had a season like Bernardo had.

You judge people on results. He's had one good season out of three. Not good enough at the level we are at it trying to be at. This season an absolute passenger and played in many games where he's been poor.Great lad but time to shape up or ship out.

You judge people on results. He's had one good season out of three. Not good enough at the level we are at it trying to be at. This season an absolute passenger and played in many games where he's been poor.Great lad but time to shape up or ship out.
Well the forum has changed but the quality of poster could still do with an upgrade.

Why do you say 'good'? Bernardo didn't just have a 'good' season, he was our best player in the highest quality title race in history where we became the first team to win the domestic treble.

Why do you say 'good'? Bernardo didn't just have a 'good' season, he was our best player in the highest quality title race in history where we became the first team to win the domestic treble.
Spot on, he single handedly ran the dippers ragged with his workrate alone in the home game that season. Definitely not been firing on all cylinders this season, but made up for it by bringing a 10p maxpax brew out to the guard of honour. Worth a new contract and a fucking statue just for that imho.

Terrible this season with 6 goals & 7 assists in the league
Pass success % 90.2
Dribble completion %75

The assists table :

1- KDB 20
2- David 10
3- Mahrez 9
4- Jesus & Bernardo 7
5- Walker 4

Unbelievable some are even considering the option of a Bernardo exit after a poor season. We felt the difference after Sane was injured. Torres will take a full season to learn Pep's system. We need Bernardo, Rodri, Cancelo and Foden in top form for a title challenge next season.

We either play Bernardo Silva in the middle or we get rid of him. I know he has played various games out wide for Portugal, for us and for Monaco, but his skillset is far more suited to play in the middle of midfield.

Maybe he is fed up of playing Pep roulette. He isn't getting a proper run of games and his performances haven't been up to scratch for a while now, has he had his head turned? I hope not. I like Gundogan, but i would rather sacrifice losing him than Bernardo Silva. Bernardo is still fairly young and he has a higher ceiling. In 18-19 season he was just unreal, if we can get him back to that kind of form, we will be absolutely firing next season.

I really hope Pep sticks him in the middle of the park and persists with him. He is an incredible footballer when he is at it.
Great point, in the middle he is quality and he must stay there to see him at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.