Bernstein/Keegan Split

Don’t get me started on Fowler.....scouse bin dipping Shitehawk.....

When he went back to the dippers from us he lost about another couple of stone within a month....I get it that they were his true love but always felt he completely took the piss out of us.

Keegan walks away from almost every tricky situation....no fucking stomach for a fight, some great memories for us and brilliant football but wafer thin courage and a big head to boot (from an ex player at the time).

He was a **** but at least he let his hatred of the rag ****s improve his performances against them.

Had Wardle said to KK, "No Kevin, I have to trust my chairman and won't go over his head", things could have been quite different for those 5 or 6 years before the Sheikh came along and saved us.

Interesting point this, given his history would Keegan have just walked? I suspect yes. I remember wanting us to sign Fowler, perhaps blinded by my belief in what Keegan had achieved with us, so I was happy when we got him and was desperate for him to succeed.

If he had just walked, I suspect we still would have had Pearce next in charge and endured what was for me the most soul destroying period in over 40 years of watching City.

I remember thinking ‘wow’ that we’d have Anelka and Fowler up front.
I never wanted Blobby Fowlup, though I did get behind him once he’d arrived. I remember thinking that the £6.5 million, or whatever it was we wasted on him, would have been much better spent elsewhere, like making Daniel van Buyten's move permanent.

Totally agree, I remember Keegan sending him on a fitness boot camp in the autumn of 2004, when he came back he scored a few goals in that 4-3 defeat at St. James’ then had a pretty good season as we just missed out on a UEFA Cup spot. He came back from the following season back to his tubby self and as you say, wouldn’t be back in shape until he resigned for Liverpool.

Sad thing was, he was a fantastic striker and more than anything let himself down by simply being unprofessional.

Funny moment when he scored against the Rags in the 4-1 and celebrated holding one hand aloft to represent the 5 European Cups Liverpool had won (not long after Istanbul).

Don’t get me started on Fowler.....scouse bin dipping Shitehawk.....

When he went back to the dippers from us he lost about another couple of stone within a month....I get it that they were his true love but always felt he completely took the piss out of us.

Keegan walks away from almost every tricky situation....no fucking stomach for a fight, some great memories for us and brilliant football but wafer thin courage and a big head to boot (from an ex player at the time).

Absolutely spot on. I remember when he went back to them, he looked like he’d lost a stone in a week!

He’s the only player who I’ve heard has been put on a ‘special fitness regime’. Disgraceful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.