Best actors alive today

gaudinho's stolen car said:
hilts said:
eastwood.jpg

one of the greatest movie stars but not actors if you get what i mean

I've got to disagree there. If you mean he doesn't get many lengthy soliloquies then you are right, but a great actor doesn't have to chew the scenery.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqdEhytKOk[/youtube]

i think i have watched every film he has been in and he is great, but to me its like sean connery, they have screen presence but you are always aware its them on screen, i mean connery played a russian, an irish cop and a spaniard with a scottish accent but was still the best thing in the films.

My favourite actor is steve mcqueen almost to an obsession but thats because hes steve mcqueen

as i said they are legends but are they the best in the craft of acting im not so sure

hilts said:
hilts said:
one of the greatest movie stars but not actors if you get what i mean

I've got to disagree there. If you mean he doesn't get many lengthy soliloquies then you are right, but a great actor doesn't have to chew the scenery.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqdEhytKOk[/youtube]

i think i have watched every film he has been in and he is great, but to me its like sean connery, they have screen presence but you are always aware its them on screen, i mean connery played a russian, an irish cop and a spaniard with a scottish accent but was still the best thing in the films.

My favourite actor is steve mcqueen almost to an obsession but thats because hes steve mcqueen

as i said they are legends but are they the best in the craft of acting im not so sure

Fair point and I agree with you really, it's just I love Clint. I can't think of anyone I like for their acting though.

if I think somebody's good, I'll appreciate it even if I don't like them.

normally however, I find that I don't like them because I don't think they're any good at what they "do".

Best actors? I know Michael Fassbender's getting a lot of plaudits but haven't seen him so can't judge at the moment.

Best I think is subjective but requires a great detail of background knowledge, would think "favourite/least favourite" would be more suitable.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

normally however, I find that I don't like them because I don't think they're any good at what they "do".

Best actors? I know Michael Fassbender's getting a lot of plaudits but haven't seen him so can't judge at the moment.

Best I think is subjective but requires a great detail of background knowledge, would think "favourite/least favourite" would be more suitable.

come on fella play the game name three and if you say arnie i will hunt you down

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

come on fella play the game name three and if you say arnie i will hunt you down

pahaha oh come on Arnie's a legend and you know that full well, honestly...

of the limited number of films I've seen...Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio & Mark Wahlberg.

I also think Matt Damon is pretty decent, and that Daniel Craig is rather overrated, but if he's good in Skyfall I'm happy to change my opinion. Also liked Michael Biehn from back in the day.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

of the limited number of films I've seen...Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio & Mark Wahlberg.

I also think Matt Damon is pretty decent, and that Daniel Craig is rather overrated, but if he's good in Skyfall I'm happy to change my opinion. Also liked Michael Biehn from back in the day.

not a film buff then mate, always wondered what happened to michael biehn after terminator and aliens

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:

not a film buff then mate, always wondered what happened to michael biehn after terminator and aliens

well I listen to Kermode & Mayo every week but never get round to watching anything for myself, so if I judged much else it would only be on other people's opinions, which isn't fair.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Gay.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:

Gay.

thank you for your ever so insightful contribution to this thread, it's much appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.