Best and Worst areas in Manchester and surrounding areas to live

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Daz_Blue, 14 Dec 2016.

1. Daz_Blue

Daz_Blue

FLORIDA, USA, FORMALLY OF WOODHOUSE PARK MANCHESTE
    When I was a kid Moss Side and Hulme had the reputation as the worst areas in Greater Manchester along with Salford and most of the time Didsbury and Timperley were classed as nice areas ....40 years on what would you say are the best and worst places in the city and the surrounding areas ?

I was born in Woodhouse Park and it was fine until I got to about 16 years of age then it started going downhill with loads of burglaries by scummers

2. idahoblues

idahoblues

I know that Dunkindoughnutfield is the coldest and darkest

3. RadcliffeRick

RadcliffeRick

I would put in a good word for the leafy borough of Radcliffe with it's tree lines boulevards, wonderful architecture, friendly locals and affordable housing. Whats not to like?

4. stony

stony

Radcliffe remains the only borough in Greater Manchester that I have been chased out of. I went there on a pub crawl in the early 80s with work. First pub we went in was full of bull dykes with duelling scars that asked if we was looking at their pints and if we wanted to go outside The last was a pub on Stand lane. A couple of local scrotes took exception to us and wanted to fight us. There was two of them and about 20 of us, and we told them to fuck off and leave us alone. We set off for the town centre and the two scrotes followed us from a distance and kept shouting out challenges. By the time we got to the centre there was about 50 of the cunts and we had to leg it to the station.
    Never could work out how 2 turned into 50, and this was pre mobile phones. Backwards fucking shithole, full of inbred backwards wankers. It's the only place I know that thinks Bury is a modern cosmopolitan town and the latest fashion comes not from Paris, New York or London, but Ahmed's on Bury outdoor market. They should flatten the place and start again.

sir baconface likes this.
  5. nimrod

nimrod

Worst?

Wherever dronefromsector7G lives surely

6. RadcliffeRick

RadcliffeRick

Get off the fence. Do you like it or not :-)

7. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I'd say not much has changed from the OP.

Didsbury springs to mind as a great place to live. Moss Side and Hulme is where I'd avoid, as we'll as most of Salford.

Parts of north and east Manchester have bad areas too, such as Cheetham Hill and Gorton.

Some areas of Stockport are lovely if you've got the money such as Bramhall and Wilmslow, but Stockport has a bad reputation for other areas.

I live in Castlefield at the moment and would say it's a great spot for living in town.

8. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

There's much worse places than Moss Side these days.

9. andyhinch

andyhinch

Bramhall has improved greatly over the years with a lot more places to drink, I still find Wilmslow a bit soulless and we haven't got a butcher which pisses me off. The Grove isn't bad.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Can't be anywhere nicer than Blackley, Harpurhey, or Collyhurst. Moston might push for inclusion. I drove through Didsbury yesterday. Jeez, gimme Aleppo anyday!

Tim of the Oak likes this.