Best and Worst areas in Manchester and surrounding areas to live

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Daz_Blue, 14 Dec 2016.

1. bluemc1

bluemc1

Lived in mobberley 10 years now and bloody love it
    Also means I'm well posh now

2. peoffrey

peoffrey

I guess the metrolink in to City is handy. Ashton line. Any decent pubs?

3. Thenumber1blue

Thenumber1blue

I bike down if it's dry mate.The Snipe,Fairfield arms and the one with the hotel,all decent.

4. Pablo1

Pablo1

Fuck all wrong with Langley when I grew up there.

5. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

It's subjective really, if you're from a certain area then usually you'll have an affinity to it, even if to others it's as rough as a badger's arse.

Personally, Stockport is fucking awful, especially around the old 'Grand Central' area. Best areas for me are Poynton, Prestbury, Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. Though on a night out you could be unlucky enough to encounter pissed up bellends anywhere really.

6. jazzy

jazzy

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    The caliphate of Longshite is a fucking shit hole. Best I would think is probably some posh places around Alderley Edge

7. sky tot

sky tot

Stockport town centre is shit, and also some rough areas Brinny , Adswood but there is also do nice areas , Marple Bridge, Heaton Moor, Bramhall , Romiley .
    Alderney edge is full of pretentious wankers , dodgy developers,ect .. Would hate to have a night out there , working around that area is bad enough

8. Pablo1

Pablo1

Jump on a train from mills hill to town in 15/20 mins. Never heard Middleton being described as too far out from Manchester before!

9. Mottram40

Mottram40

Nothing wrong with a night out in a Alderley edge back in the day. Met a mod of city players in the day. Plus window shopping. Worked recently in mikes platting / collyhurst and it was full of horrendous tennagers causing all sorts of trouble looking to attack you or rob you. I know most of Manchester area and these areas really are a no go area. Sorry if you live there I doubt you have a different opinion. We were stopped working there in the end due to attacks. Different leek makes moss side look like Prestbury. On another note further out Seven sisters in Rochdale is tough to be in.

denislawsbackheel likes this.
  10. blue by birth

blue by birth

Being brought up in Cheetham Hill in the late 60's till 1975 I loved the place.
    I go through it now if I'm visiting my family in Bury and it looks crap.
    Living in Haughton Green and it's not bad but not great either lol.
    Lived in Hulme too wasn't bad in the 70's apart from the crescents.
    Also lived in Bredbury and fucking hated it..