Best and worst away day you’ve been on

Best - Palace Away 2-0 after Gerrard slipped v Chelsea. We left the ground knowing we could do it.
Worst - 1-0 at Arsenal after Balotelli got sent off. I thought we'd lost the league that day and the Arsenal fans were loving it.

Stoke away , Trevor Francis debut , genuinely thought there was more Blues than Stoke fans that day , me and my brother went fancy dress as Blues Brothers , suits and trilbies , Clever Trevor scored two on his debut
I was at Stoke on that day in 1981 too, for Trevors debut, although not in fancy dress , it was brilliant day ... i was stood in a packed paddock down the side of the ground, and they never got a look in .... City, and Francis, played really well in a 3-1 win.

Some pics of the match on this link ....

The best time at Stoke though , at least for fancy dress anyway, came in a 3-1 defeat down there on Boxing Day 1988 .. when Nigel Gleghorn scored ..... around 12,000 City fans turned up , and practically ALL of them were in fancy dress!

We had two sides of the ground .. again i was down the side of the ground, although this time in the seats , and i had a 'Vicar' sat to the left of me , and 'Batman' sat to the right .... there were thousands of bananas and various rubber toys being waved about everywhere!

The negative result just didn't seem to bother anyone that day!

bananas-e1332544538430.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot the worst , Halifax away , we hit rock bottom with Allison that day , Steve Daley our £1.5m signing running around on a paddy field , we were stood on a mud heap under a f8cking tree and still getting soaked wet through , got back to the car , window put through and radio/cassette nicked , ive had better days.

Being cold, piss wet through, and covered in as much mud as the players along with the obvious reason to have thought it might have been a good idea to have thrown oneself under the train rather than getting on the bastard thing that took me to Halifax that day was quite enough. To have returned to a car to discover the window through and the radio gone would really have put the icing on the cake....laughing my bollocks off now, but not on the day.

Best away; villa weds night 5-1 7000 blues in 24 000 crowd as was rearranged. Incredible atmosphere.

Worst; ha ha too many to choose one.

Go on then, Lincoln, lost, piss wet through, crashed car.

Best away; villa weds night 5-1 7000 blues in 24 000 crowd as was rearranged. Incredible atmosphere.

Worst; ha ha too many to choose one.

Go on then, Lincoln, lost, piss wet through, crashed car.
Agree on the Villa one. Midweek night game, great following from City, flew back up the M6 made it back in time for last orders.

the best and worst for me in my life was the same game

last year when we beat arsenal 3-0
the de bruyne masterpiece

took me nipper,he loved every minute
i had a few,as usual

on the train back,my dad kept txt me saying when you get home
txt us back etc

i was annoyed all the way back from Euston
i thought,they thought i would be drunk and
not in control of my son (their grandson ) in London and coming home

when we got home,abut 11pm/ midnight
i phoned them

they told me,my Italian uncle had died in Paris that very day,a massive heart attack
he'd gone there for his anniversary with my aunt
and their kids,one was 40(my cousin ) a double celebration and then that happened

My Italian uncle came here in the 1960's
Always supported City

RIP Reno

Forgot the worst , Halifax away , we hit rock bottom with Allison that day , Steve Daley our £1.5m signing running around on a paddy field , we were stood on a mud heap under a f8cking tree and still getting soaked wet through , got back to the car , window put through and radio/cassette nicked , ive had better days.
Was at Halifax with 3 other mates all teenagers. Somehow managed to get into the club as the City players were making there way to the coach afterwards, still stuffing their faces with sandwiches. We were soaked full of mud from that stand at the side of the pitch.

Year before we got beat at Shrewsbury. That second spell of big Mal was a disaster!

Talking of muddy terraces the baseball ground was not much better. That was the day they couldn't find the penalty spot amongst the sand and mud as we got thrashed 4-0, I think that was in 1977 when we had a decent team before the return of Alison

Best was the 6-1 at the swamp - I've never felt a buzz like it at the football, the QPR game was close but I felt high for about a week after we beat the rags.
Worst was Napoli away first season in the CL. Got forced on a bus which drove around the ring road for hours before the game, then chased round Naples by tooled up Italians on scooters after the match, whilst trying to walk back to the hotel. And a lad walking back with us got knifed.

Why Napoli are allowed to participate in European competition is beyond me. There were two Juventus fans next to me at the Napoli home match who were there purely because they hate them. Bought City scarves too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.