Best bars and clubs on a Friday night in Manchester

aussie blake

So I haven't made it back to Manchester since late 2012, glory hunting foreigner and all that haha, but I'm doing a flying visit for the Palace game. Simple question - what are the best bars and clubs on a Friday night in Manchester these days? I'm really keen to check them out! Please hit me with your best suggestions!

Don't wanna turn this into a life story but to answer a few of the questions that usually follow questions about nightlife - I honestly couldn't give the slightest crap about the type of music, just a good crowd, decent drink prices and access, and hopefully the chance to chat to some young ladies. I find Manc girls and the accent ridiculously sexy haha (better than my fucking accent anyway haha). Oh and I'm staying near Piccadilly and I'm 31 ... but can totally pass as younger if that counts for anything hahaha!

Cheers folks

Northern Quarter would be your best bet mate, loads of bars in a small area. Try Twenty Twenty Two, The Whisky Jar, Kosmonaut, Tarrif & Dale, Guilty By Association, Hula, Soup Kitchen, Noho (always been good for pulling women later on in the evening in my experience!)... All those are within a stones throw of each other, If you're still standing after them point go to a few on Thomas Street and around that area.
Basically you cant go wrong with the Northern Quarter, just have a wander about and youll find somewhere. Enjoy!

Want food before the piss up bud?
Of so, what do you like?
Better to eat before you go for a drink to avoid the minging takeaways everywhere you may find yourself crawling into after a few sherberts.

And NQ is the ideal place. Like Comedy as well?
Jump in the Frog and Bucket in the NQ, catch some British stand-up.
I like the Black Dog BallRoom as you can have a dance, drink, separate room which also has different music to dance to and it's full of fanny...

There's also a load of pool tables if you just want to chill and play ball

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

piccadilly.png

Back in the 70s we had Kloisters,Jillys,Continental club,Placemate,Oceans 11,Zoobedo,Rowntrees,Fagans,Beer keller,Tiffanys and the Penny Farthing lots to choose from.

Millstone in eh Northern Quarter, plus the Piccadilly serves the same malt whiskys a 'bar' round he corner will charge you double for, so not a bad shout as it has decent ales too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.