Best Boozers in Town

Shambles Spoons Lyodds and also the magnificent Waves off Piccadilly where you delve into an amazing subterranean world of cheap ale and good entertainment. Also Karaoke twice weekly. Once before the match we got 2 pints and two specials of the day which was chilly con carne for only £8 ... Once we allowed some some so called chums to take us on a tour of chav chop houses pre game in and around annes square they charged us £32 for 2 Shep Pies and 2 pints and i never said anything but have i have never forgiven any of them. Best not to be trendy as not only is it pretentious but can seriously disorientate a wallet.

Sashas Fridays (Waves) now that was/ is a quality establishment!

Sashas Fridays (Waves) now that was/ is a quality establishment!

Run properly with doormen mate and no colours on match-day. Some gradely folk go in there and easy to get a conversation going. I got chatting at the bar with one old chap around early sixties who was from Bellevue and he came in regular three days a week as he said it was in effect really a day time boozer and his wife used to make sandwiches up for him because he told her he was out looking for employment. Not a lazy lad and grafted all his life on the railway but hit the big 60 and decided enough was enough. We were laughing because he said she wouldn't know what a proper buttie was even if it jumped up and bit her squarely on the arsehole and so he fed them to the pigeons in Piccadilly on the way home. He offered me one but they did look a bit disheveled so I said I had already eaten. We stayed at their hotel once and it was as rough as toast so I would not recommend it but Sasha's/Fridays/Waves is good to go. Someone called it stab central once but I have never seen any myther in all our visits and so all down to urban legends. Some of the ale houses around shudehill are good to middling.

Run properly with doormen mate and no colours on match-day. Some gradely folk go in there and easy to get a conversation going. I got chatting at the bar with one old chap around early sixties who was from Bellevue and he came in regular three days a week as he said it was in effect really a day time boozer and his wife used to make sandwiches up for him because he told her he was out looking for employment. Not a lazy lad and grafted all his life on the railway but hit the big 60 and decided enough was enough. We were laughing because he said she wouldn't know what a proper buttie was even if it jumped up and bit her squarely on the arsehole and so he fed them to the pigeons in Piccadilly on the way home. He offered me one but they did look a bit disheveled so I said I had already eaten. We stayed at their hotel once and it was as rough as toast so I would not recommend it but Sasha's/Fridays/Waves is good to go. Someone called it stab central once but I have never seen any myther in all our visits and so all down to urban legends. Some of the ale houses around shudehill are good to middling.

You are certainly never far from an interesting character, love speaking to old guys in bars they have such amazing stories.
Often these gents just want an ear to listen, remember one guy telling me all about the Borneo war and about the Sues canal war. These types of bars are often odd places to get educated in the past, but the stories are there to be had if you are lucky enough

My favs at the moment:
Marble Arch
Fringe
No 57 ( marble brewery pub )
Bock
Knott Bar
Beer Moth
Albert Schloss
Cask

Sorry these are my favourites but necessary ideal for 20+ group though

Yeah and you can sit under a big canvas of the unholly trinity of ragdom.

I was going to add "feel free to leave an unflushed terd somewhere on the premises"

I had the misfortune of playing in a golf pro am with the fat fuckers of a landlord , obnoxious, debtor rag.

Was joking really about about the 20+ in the original post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.