best chinese restaurant in city centre?

Matty said:
jordinho09 said:
yum yums in the printworks.

That place is horrible.

Agree, would never go in there again..
Rice bowl on Cross St as has been mentioned on this thread is the best for me. Nice atmosphere good food and smart surroundings.

The Red Hot Chilli , there is one on Faulkner St as well as the one on Portland St. Try the "Hot pot" where you cook you own food in a bubbling pot in front of you, it excellent

The Sweet Mandarin in the Northern Quarter

Excellent food and reasonable prices

Soulboy said:
crumpsallblue said:
Yeah rice bowl good too.. the more i think about it the more hard pushed it'd be to find a bad chinese in town.. but if i was goin all out it'd be the kwok man.

A bad Chinese?

Get down to the Printworks for that one on level 2... absolutely appalling.

It actually put me off going for a Chinese for a couple of years such was the despicable quality (and I use the phrase loosely) of the food.

Everything was MSG'd to the max, and I have a bit of an intolerance to it, so I suffered badly for a few hours after.

Did anyone see Gordon Ramsay's "Best Chinese Restaurant" prog this week?

The winner was Yu and You, which I drive past almost every day and yet I've never been to!

Booking for next week if I can get in.

You might find Yu and You hard to ge tin after being on telly for a few weeks.

I was in Bradford for a meeting earlier this week and went to Prashad (the winning Indian from last week) and it was rammed, I could only get takeaway.

have to say it was fantastic and well worth the slight detour I made.

bluwes said:
Matty said:
That place is horrible.

Rice bowl on Cross St as has been mentioned on this thread is the best for me. Nice atmosphere good food and smart surroundings.

The Red Hot Chilli , there is one on Faulkner St as well as the one on Portland St. Try the "Hot pot" where you cook you own food in a bubbling pot in front of you, it excellent

That sounds a bit more Korean tbh

dxbroy said:
bluwes said:

Deffo Chinese, comes with having a son working over there, have had it in Guangzhou in China

I know this is Japanese but its worth a mention cos its brilliant

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sapporo.co.uk/manchester/home.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sapporo.co.uk/manchester/home.asp</a>

bluwes said:
dxbroy said:

Deffo Chinese, comes with having a son working over there, have had it in Guangzhou in China

Hiya, remember my thread from last night? There are a lot of Korean restaurants in China, cater for the Korean tourists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.