Best chippy

Excuse me!!! I am an example of healthy eating and zen. Cheeky ****.
Haha.

What was it you blagged me with recently mate? Summat about adding blackcurrants to a fancy herb salad. You've never eaten a fresh blackcurrant in yer life mi owd square sausage.

A tube of deep fried battered fruit Starburst does definately not count towards the 5 F&V a day, but you're beyond help MP, and a BM idiot like me . If you refute this, go stand with the normal cunts over there ya cakey pig; )

Woof bark woof. Donkey.... One eyed dogs.

Oh btw, that blackcurrant jam I made was delicious. 6 jars, 5 given away. All said they enjoyed it .

Last edited:
All these Codfather recommendations....

I grew up in Northwich, a 5 minute drive from the Codfather. Even played footy on the pitch across the road a few time. Never went. Next time i'm back visiting the folks might have to give it a go.

Bandit Country!!!
A good mate of mine took me on colshaw farm estate a out 15 years ago as he's a debt collector. I'd never heard of the place until them, Wilmslow folk( especially the pretentious village dwellers) look down on anyone from there in disdain.

he said it was real rough as fuck and I wouldn't believe my eyes. I didn't

I used to live on a streetwise council estate as a kid but it was like Beverly Hills compared to there. 3 houses had no roofs, 2 stripped of tiles and wood, the other burnt out. 2 sofas abandoned in the street. So ruff, even the dogs walk round in 2s in fear of a kicking!

Makes me wonder if like that nowadays.

Kerry's fish and chicken bar on Rutherglen Main Street, Glasgow - gone but not forgotten.

A sausage supper as they call it - two battered sausages, chips and two pickled onions.

Was up in Perthshire last week and had a lovely battered black pudding with salt and sauce. Immense.

Down here and growing up in the Moss, has to be the City chippy on Claremont Road with Bernard frying the chips, and also the Parkside chippy.

A good mate of mine took me on colshaw farm estate a out 15 years ago as he's a debt collector. I'd never heard of the place until them, Wilmslow folk( especially the pretentious village dwellers) look down on anyone from there in disdain.

I used to live on a streetwise council estate as a kid but it was like Beverly Hills compared to there. 3 houses had no roofs, 2 stripped of tiles and wood, the other burnt out. 2 sofas abandoned in the street. So ruff, even the dogs walk round in 2s in fear of a kicking!

Knew a lad from there they used to come and fight with wythenshawe back in the day, your right wasn’t great

The Gold Medal chippy in Ashton used to be decent, but now it's rank and I told them so recently. The assistant who served me agreed saying they've had a lot of complaints recently.

Not many good chippys about nowadays, but the Battered fryer in stalybridge is good,only opens daily on weekdays and teatime on Fridays.

Best chippy by far I know in the North West is the Codfather in Northwich. I know the owner and the only fault I have is he's a rag, other than that his fish and chips plus everything else is superb quality and worth the trip out.
The wooden spoon chippy / cafe in Ashton under Lyne was the best.especially there homemade meat pie.
The bus station is in its place now.
C.T.I.D

Used to play football on Lacey Green every now and then as a kid. The local rascals took the bloody roof off the changing room and had off with all our gear.

It's nowhere near as 'bad' these days. Pretty sound to be honest.

Kerry's fish and chicken bar on Rutherglen Main Street, Glasgow - gone but not forgotten.

A sausage supper as they call it - two battered sausages, chips and two pickled onions.

Was up in Perthshire last week and had a lovely battered black pudding with salt and sauce. Immense.

Down here and growing up in the Moss, has to be the City chippy on Claremont Road with Bernard frying the chips, and also the Parkside chippy.
Now funny you should mention the sausage, been talking to my daughter about the saveloy from when I lived in London, whereas she has been brought up in Scotland and is a fan of the smoked sausage, as I am too. Got us trying to discover where the smoked sausage meets the saveloy. Well turns out on the East it's around Durham. On the West however the saveloy only seems to reach Stoke and the smoked sausage not far over the border into Cumbria. So it turns out the whole of the North West of England in a barren wasteland in terms of the speciality chippy sausage.
Unless anyone here knows better.

Can anyone recommend a good chippy round the Denton area. We are usually in Premier inn there after a game and it would be good to have a chippy rather than the usual Mac Donald’s.
19238076_1584695791542470_6642810941826943321_o.jpg

The wooden spoon chippy / cafe in Ashton under Lyne was the best.especially there homemade meat pie.
The bus station is in its place now.
C.T.I.D
Alas. Original shop/cafe was white walled and black window ledges, adjacent to Prince Of Orange. You're spot on there mate, homemade meat(plate) pie and s&k puddings. Everything was top notch. I used to really like their minced beef gravy.

Northern lads like gravy; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.