Best chippy

Kerry's fish and chicken bar on Rutherglen Main Street, Glasgow - gone but not forgotten.

A sausage supper as they call it - two battered sausages, chips and two pickled onions.

Was up in Perthshire last week and had a lovely battered black pudding with salt and sauce. Immense.

Down here and growing up in the Moss, has to be the City chippy on Claremont Road with Bernard frying the chips, and also the Parkside chippy.
Have you tried a pizza crunch yet TH?

I miss the parkside chippy, Maine Road too: (

Haha.

What was it you blagged me with recently mate? Summat about adding blackcurrants to a fancy herb salad. You've never eaten a fresh blackcurrant in yer life mi owd square sausage.

A tube of deep fried battered fruit Starburst does definately not count towards the 5 F&V a day, but you're beyond help MP, and a BM idiot like me . If you refute this, go stand with the normal cunts over there ya cakey pig; )

Woof bark woof. Donkey.... One eyed dogs.

Oh btw, that blackcurrant jam I made was delicious. 6 jars, 5 given away. All said they enjoyed it .

The scientific community is still out on the deep fried Opal Fruit’s, fucking Starburst! What age are you? Never, ever, in my company, refer to Opal Fruits with their Fucking American name. Same deal for Marathons.

Is there nothing left that is sacred?

You’ve changed.

The scientific community is still out on the deep fried Opal Fruit’s, fucking Starburst! What age are you? Never, ever, in my company, refer to Opal Fruits with their Fucking American name. Same deal for Marathons.

Is there nothing left that is sacred?

You’ve changed.
Ok you pedantic big daft Jimmy Cranky looki-likee hoops wearing fucker, Opal fruits and Marathons it is mate.

Did Opal fruits have more goodness in them when you were a lad MP, more vitamin Cunt?

Oh I'm nearly 15 mate ...... Stone

I'm only 12 in my head though as I'm a juvenile idiot that spouts drivel: /

Last edited:
The Seashell in Heaton Moor is good, but seems to have pretty random opening times. Great chips though.
Used to live above it! Pretty sure he opened up for two hours in the afternoon and two in the evening Tues -Fri. Mega food though. Think he owned the one in Cheadle Hulme too - or maybe that was just a myth.

There was a decent Chinese Chippy down in Bramhall and another by the Nursery in Heaton Norris.

There's a decent one down here between Muswell Hill and Crouch End for you exiles. No gravy though....

I went out with a girl when I was at school who's dad had a small chippy in Timperley. I lived off a huge catering bag of chip shop curry sauce with rice/pasta when I buggered off to poly pledging my eternal love.

The sauce lasted significantly longer than the relationship... and I still remember it fondly to this day.

Last time I was over I went up to Failsworth just to go there and it was no longer a chippy. He had retired apparently and turned it back into a house and lived there.
Too bad because it was a good chippy. I also looked for the one across from Brookdale park but couldn't find it. My mate said that he didn't remember one ever being there.
Cheers, I thought I was going mad.
Dunkley ave. cake shop had the best pasties. ; )

Only just seen this but had to reply, I worked in Hotchins for Phil when I was 16, Tuesdays and Friday nights I used to go out have 4 cans of Carling or whatever shite I could get my hands on then go to serve chips I think from about 6 til 10. Good times

Did he order guacamole on the side?

My mate’s chippies are the best I’ve ever been in (even factoring in my inherent bias and the fact that I never have to pay!). Even better than Rick Stein’s imo. Great name too.

https://www.codsscallops.com/

Seriously, what fucking use is that to any of us unless we get drawn away to Forest or Notts County in one of the cups? ;)

Seriously, what fucking use is that to any of us unless we get drawn away to Forest or Notts County in one of the cups? ;)
To be fair most of the recommendations on the thread aren't much use without a time machine.

You need to come to the east coast of Scotland for that. As a west coast Scot, that annoys me, but it’s just a fact.

Curry houses and Chinese are shit though. I hold on to that.

Anybody going to Fife should try the Anstruther fish bar, it will take a good chippy to beat this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.