best concert ever attended

Just remembered these too;

R.E.M. - The Gallery, Manchester, 1984. (Power went during first song, and they did a brief acoustic interlude while it was fixed, magic gig.)

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Trade Hall Manchester, '75 and '76.

The Ramones - Apollo 1980

Ian Hunter - Academy 3, 2006

Jnr Kisby said:
Led Zepplin at o2 arena 26/11/07

I was there.

[/thread]

I would have sold a kidney for a ticket for that mate. Just how great was it?

(I could've gone to see them with mates at Knebworth in 79, but didn't go, cos had got caught up in the punk/new wave stuff, and I proclaimed them ''irrelevant dinosaurs'' at the time. The stupidity of youth...........regretted it ever since!)

Gaudino said:
Jnr Kisby said:
Led Zepplin at o2 arena 26/11/07

I was there.

[/thread]

I would have sold a kidney for a ticket for that mate. Just how great was it?

(I could've gone to see them with mates at Knebworth in 79, but didn't go, cos had got caught up in the punk/new wave stuff, and I proclaimed them ''irrelevant dinosaurs'' at the time. The stupidity of youth...........regretted it ever since!)

hehe it was 'unbelievably awesome!' Im 22 and I always said if they reformed I would go see them, I realise just how lucky I was for that experience too. I got an email let october telling me i'd been successful in the ballot I thought it was a wind up at first! Was a bit shocked by the £150 it cost me but it was worth every last penny, they were brilliant and they've still got it, jason bonham slotted in seamlessly. I really hope they do a world tour.

You were very lucky to get a ticket in that ballot! I know loads of people who applied, and nobody got a sniff. Well done. And like you, I have been hoping for a full tour, however, the latest news on that front isn't good......
Page, Jones and Bonham Jr, are in rehearsals. Trying out new material, and planning to tour. However, Plant still out with Alison Krause, and rumoured to be still not wanting to do Zeppelin full on.
Nothing new there, but in a twist, P,J and B have been using several guest singers during these rehearsals, and rumour coming out is that one, unamed American singer* has really impressed them, and it's alleged that they have issued Plant with the ultimatum that if he doesn't want to do a full tour, this guy will replace him.

* Strong rumour that it's Kelly Hansen, who Bonham Jr has been working with for past few years in Foreigner.

Seen the cardigans at the academy and students union a few times before gran tourismo almost ruined them! Don't go to many gigs these days but did see Elvis Perkins & Willy Mason at the academy last year. Ramshackle but brilliant

oasis knebworth 96 fuckin brilliant
support the bootleg beatles,ocean colour scene,manic's,the chemic bros,the prodigy.those were the day's.

FRAN THE ARAB said:
oasis knebworth 96 fuckin brilliant
support the bootleg beatles,ocean colour scene,manic's,the chemic bros,the prodigy.those were the day's.

saw the prodigy a couple of years ago i went with a friend i wasnt a big fan but they was awesome

Gaudino said:
You were very lucky to get a ticket in that ballot! I know loads of people who applied, and nobody got a sniff. Well done. And like you, I have been hoping for a full tour, however, the latest news on that front isn't good......
Page, Jones and Bonham Jr, are in rehearsals. Trying out new material, and planning to tour. However, Plant still out with Alison Krause, and rumoured to be still not wanting to do Zeppelin full on.
Nothing new there, but in a twist, P,J and B have been using several guest singers during these rehearsals, and rumour coming out is that one, unamed American singer* has really impressed them, and it's alleged that they have issued Plant with the ultimatum that if he doesn't want to do a full tour, this guy will replace him.

* Strong rumour that it's Kelly Hansen, who Bonham Jr has been working with for past few years in Foreigner.

Its f*ckin annoying that plant is happy doing work with krause but wont do anything else with zep, i mean 20million people applied for that gig, it shows how desperate everyone is to see them just one more time, it would be nice for them to do it for the fans, just once.

After considerable thought;

Depeche Mode - Crystal Palace - 1993.

Seen them live many times, but this one is unforgettable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.