best concert ever attended

A few which spring to mind:

Festival of the Tenth Summer, GMEX 1986. New Order last on the bill, showed The Smiths how to really perform.

Orbital/the Grid, Club Megadog, London c 1990

Happy Mondays, lots of early gigs but particularly one at Bradford St Georges Hall 1988

New Order Manchester Apollo 1999, first gig for years.

Ride/Spiritualised/Slowdive - Slough Festival 1991

Orbital Glastonbury Festival 1993

The Stranglers @ The Apollo around 1990 simply brilliant (original line-up)
Prince @ GMEX 1994/5 ish
Supergrass at V96
Radiohead @ Warrington Kid A tour
AC/DC 1988 Birmingham NEC

Didsbury Dave said:
A few which spring to mind:

Festival of the Tenth Summer, GMEX 1986. New Order last on the bill, showed The Smiths how to really perform.

Orbital/the Grid, Club Megadog, London c 1990

Happy Mondays, lots of early gigs but particularly one at Bradford St Georges Hall 1988

New Order Manchester Apollo 1999, first gig for years.

Ride/Spiritualised/Slowdive - Slough Festival 1991

Orbital Glastonbury Festival 1993

Awesome.......I'm going to see My Bloody Valentine in San Francisco next week! Can't wait!

I think mine would be Liars in Dallas, 2005 I think. right after drum's not dead came out.

I also saw the Fall come through Dallas at the same venue a year later. Fulfilled one of my dream of seeing the great Mark E Smith. He's an old withered man but keeps on going.

Rush - MEN arena 2007 (front row seats at the best gig i've ever seen)
Manics - Academy 1995 (band at their peak and last tour with Richey)
U2 - MEN arena 2001 (intimate show for this lot, right at the front for this one)
Love - Academy 2004 (played the whole of forever changes, enough said)
Macca - MEN arena 2002 (genuis at work amazing set list)

Loads.... but The festival of the 10th Summer (G-Mex 1986) and, even better, The Smiths at Salford University (the day after) will take some beating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.