Best concert you've ever attended...

IMG_20190905_003033_355.jpgJohnny Fucking Marr at The Albert Hall Manchester, 4th September 2019. When he finished with There Is A Light I got some dust in my eye.

I got a tenner off me mum in 1983 when I was 15 to buy a ticket to Bowie's Serious Moonlight Tour at Milton Keynes. I got my ticket but none of my mates could get one...so i couldn't go! No way was me mam letting me got all the way to Milton fucking Keynes on me own at 15! I had to sell the ticket.

I got a tenner off me mum in 1983 when I was 15 to buy a ticket to Bowie's Serious Moonlight Tour at Milton Keynes. I got my ticket but none of my mates could get one...so i couldn't go! No way was me mam letting me got all the way to Milton fucking Keynes on me own at 15! I had to sell the ticket.
Had a similar story for Simple Minds at the NEC. It’s would’ve involved half a day off school on a Monday to get the Piccadilly Records coach down & a very late night return. I naively bought a ticket, then Mum put the mockers on it. To rub it in I had no alternative but to sell it to a mate, who proceeded to bunk off and tells me to this day it was his best gig ever. Bastard!

My mate is a David Bowie addict, he sits next to Marc Riley in the Colin Bell stand and he took him to London to see Bowie do a set for the BBC, (I think it was the Radio Theatre) only invited guests attended. Riley arranged for my mate to meet Bowie, he said he just went to jelly and could hardly speak, still he achieved a lifetime ambition.

edit

this is the link to watch

Last edited:
GnR at Wembley stadium back in 1991. Turned out it was Izzy's last gig with the band. Travelled down from Chorlton with my best mate - Amazing trip. So many birds were whipping their knockers out for the band. And Skid Row, who were the supporting band, got banned from Wembley for foul language lol. Good times. I've actually just bought tickets for my lad to go and see GnR in Baltimore at the end of September. Ain't gonna be anywhere near as good as Wembley though :)

GnR at Wembley stadium back in 1991. Turned out it was Izzy's last gig with the band. Travelled down from Chorlton with my best mate - Amazing trip. So many birds were whipping their knockers out for the band. And Skid Row, who were the supporting band, got banned from Wembley for foul language lol. Good times. I've actually just bought tickets for my lad to go and see GnR in Baltimore at the end of September. Ain't gonna be anywhere near as good as Wembley though :)
Me and a friend went down to that without tickets, figured we’d be able to scalp one, nope, couldn’t get a ticket anywhere. I remember getting a sneaky peak through those huge doors, went for a pub crawl instead ( not around the stadium mind you)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.