Best Drummer of All Time (Opening Video sorted out)

I take the point some have made not just about it being subjective, as it is with all musicians, but also that with some it is a case of going under the radar in a band by being just the perfect fit for them.
Those that did the job as an instrument in a musical piece without trying to particularly stand out themselves.

We all have our favourite virtuosos in favourite bands. I feel that Rod De’Ath playing with Rory Gallagher is on of those that flew under the radar.
Rory being what he was meant that what was played each night was improvised and on the spur of the moment and having the likes of a rhythm section of Gerry McAvoy on bass and De’Ath that could follow and accompany him like a band leader at breakneck speed doesn’t go unnoticed by me in my appreciation of their live performances.

Used to like watching the female drummer out of Glasvagas, she always stood up, can't remember her name.

Always loved this. Everything about it but not least the infectious and relentless rhythm and percussion from start to finish.

Saw Santana live in Dublin a few years back and he is still as brilliant a performer as he was back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.