Best ever atmosphere you've experienced for a City home game

HelloCity

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 May 2008
Messages
12,547
Location
Manchester
1. Final Manchester Derby at Maine Road - 2002

Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United

2. UEFA Cup Quarter Final - 2009

Manchester City 2-1 Hamburg

I find it quite easy to list the above games as a top two but ranking the rest would be a bit too random so I'll just list them

- City 1-0 Wigan - Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - 1999
- City 4-1 United - First ever Derby game at Eastlands - 2004
- City 1-0 Birmingham -City get within reach of promotion - 2000
- City 1-1 Boro - UEFA Cup play off place match - 2005
- City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998
- City 1-3 Chelsea - Robinho debut - 2008
- City 3-1 Pompy - Record goalscorers - 2002
- City 0-1 Southampton - Final game at Maine Road - 2003
- City 2-1 Barcalona - First ever game at Eastlands - 2003
 

djspam

Well-Known Member
Joined
9 Sep 2008
Messages
627
Location
Trevor Arms on Beech Road
ManCityX said:
1. Final Manchester Derby at Maine Road - 2002

Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United

2. UEFA Cup Quarter Final - 2009

Manchester City 2-1 Hamburg

I find it quite easy to list the above games as a top two but ranking the rest would be a bit too random so I'll just list them

- City 1-0 Wigan - Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - 1999
- City 4-1 United - First ever Derby game at Eastlands - 2004
- City 1-0 Birmingham -City get within reach of promotion - 2000
- City 1-1 Boro - UEFA Cup play off place match - 2005
- City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998
- City 1-3 Chelsea - Robinho debut - 2008
- City 3-1 Pompy - Record goalscorers - 2002
- City 0-1 Southampton - Final game at Maine Road - 2003
- City 2-1 Barcalona - First ever game at Eastlands - 2003


City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998

This was awesome
 

HelloCity

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 May 2008
Messages
12,547
Location
Manchester
djspam said:
ManCityX said:
1. Final Manchester Derby at Maine Road - 2002

Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United

2. UEFA Cup Quarter Final - 2009

Manchester City 2-1 Hamburg

I find it quite easy to list the above games as a top two but ranking the rest would be a bit too random so I'll just list them

- City 1-0 Wigan - Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - 1999
- City 4-1 United - First ever Derby game at Eastlands - 2004
- City 1-0 Birmingham -City get within reach of promotion - 2000
- City 1-1 Boro - UEFA Cup play off place match - 2005
- City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998
- City 1-3 Chelsea - Robinho debut - 2008
- City 3-1 Pompy - Record goalscorers - 2002
- City 0-1 Southampton - Final game at Maine Road - 2003
- City 2-1 Barcalona - First ever game at Eastlands - 2003


City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998

This was awesome


Didn't Big Joe describe it as the day the fans bonded with the players? We were 1 nil down and rubbish but out of no where in the second half the crowd suddenly came alive and the players responsed with a fight to the finish and a last minute winner! I've read some people say the first signs of this came in an away game to Wrexham but I wasn't there so I couldn't tell you.

I wonder if we will look back at the game against Hamburg in the same way?
 

djspam

Well-Known Member
Joined
9 Sep 2008
Messages
627
Location
Trevor Arms on Beech Road
ManCityX said:
djspam said:
ManCityX said:
1. Final Manchester Derby at Maine Road - 2002

Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United

2. UEFA Cup Quarter Final - 2009

Manchester City 2-1 Hamburg

I find it quite easy to list the above games as a top two but ranking the rest would be a bit too random so I'll just list them

- City 1-0 Wigan - Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - 1999
- City 4-1 United - First ever Derby game at Eastlands - 2004
- City 1-0 Birmingham -City get within reach of promotion - 2000
- City 1-1 Boro - UEFA Cup play off place match - 2005
- City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998
- City 1-3 Chelsea - Robinho debut - 2008
- City 3-1 Pompy - Record goalscorers - 2002
- City 0-1 Southampton - Final game at Maine Road - 2003
- City 2-1 Barcalona - First ever game at Eastlands - 2003


City 2-1 Stoke - A change of fortune - 1998

This was awesome


Didn't Big Joe describe it as the day the fans bonded with the players? We were 1 nil down and rubbish but out of no where in the second half the crowd suddenly came alive and the players responsed with a fight to the finish and a last minute winner! I've read some people say the first signs of this came in an away game to Wrexham but I wasn't there so I couldn't tell you.

I wonder if we will look back at the game against Hamburg in the same way?

I was at Wrexham, Weaver made save after save and Weikens nodded it in from a corner in the second half. City fans on terracing behind the goal - those were the days !

and pissed it down for 90 !!! sure it was on boxing day
 

warpig

Well-Known Member
Joined
30 Oct 2007
Messages
7,185
Location
city>england
djspam said:
I was at Wrexham, Weaver made save after save and Weikens nodded it in from a corner in the second half. City fans on terracing behind the goal - those were the days !

and pissed it down for 90 !!! sure it was on boxing day

yeah, think it was. it was def the turning point in our season no doubt about it.
 

djspam

Well-Known Member
Joined
9 Sep 2008
Messages
627
Location
Trevor Arms on Beech Road
warpig said:
djspam said:
I was at Wrexham, Weaver made save after save and Weikens nodded it in from a corner in the second half. City fans on terracing behind the goal - those were the days !

and pissed it down for 90 !!! sure it was on boxing day

yeah, think it was. it was def the turning point in our season no doubt about it.

We went on 'the run' big joe kept promising after

some shitholes that season, York sticks out, still have the Div 2 video, way too many City fans on that terrace behind the goal.
 

warpig

Well-Known Member
Joined
30 Oct 2007
Messages
7,185
Location
city>england
djspam said:
warpig said:
djspam said:
I was at Wrexham, Weaver made save after save and Weikens nodded it in from a corner in the second half. City fans on terracing behind the goal - those were the days !

and pissed it down for 90 !!! sure it was on boxing day

yeah, think it was. it was def the turning point in our season no doubt about it.

We went on 'the run' big joe kept promising after

some shitholes that season, York sticks out, still have the Div 2 video, way too many City fans on that terrace behind the goal.

did you see the fans on that pub balcony? probably about 100 crammed in a pace for 20. they had the best views n the house though.
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.