Best ever atmosphere you've experienced for a City home game

Ciry v Juventus, UEFA Cup 1976 I think , City won the first leg 1-0 , amazing atmosphere in the Kippax. Electric , anyone else there that night ?

Yes, good call.
I was in the Main stand that night but the Kippax was swarming.
Dirty Juventus.

One I had forgotten was 2 1 against Liverpool, not sure of the year. First home game of the season mid week, Peter Reid was manager. The game had everything a two goal lead as David White got a goal reminiscent of the 66 world Cup final. Liverpool got one back then missed a penalty. Last ten minutes like Rorkes Drift but we held on, Plate Lane packed with dippers but you couldn't hear them. The roof nearly came off the Kippax with the noise level and the place went mental at the end. I stick by my top three but this game was a very close 4th.
Good shout. First time id ever seen us beat them live. Must have been years

Wednesday night game a week before my birthday
Dean Saunders missed a penalty for them, funnily enough he missed one the season before at the same end (I think) for Derby, when we sent them down, Niall Quinn saved it!
And missed one for Villa against us at Villa Park.

Thanks from me too. What an exciting player Peter Barnes was and yet we sold him at the end of the season. Big Joe had a good game too
Should have been building the new young team around Barnes and Owen - instead West Brom got the benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.