Best ever Rock song

Mate, in rock heaven, a Who song would never be better than a Led Zeppelin classic. Evidence:

Black Dog
Rock and Roll
Immigrant Song
Whole lotta love
Stairway to Heaven
Kashmir
In my time of dying

I could go on and on...

Surely ‘behind blue eyes’ ‘I can see for miles’ baba oreilly’ ‘Pinball wizzard’ Are all superior Who rock songs than ‘Wont get fooled again’.

Ahem.

The evidence against Led Zep is that, in rock and roll Heaven, lyrics count too, and rock and roll songs with lyrics that appear to have been penned by either a 15 year-old lovesick girl or a 16 year-old Dungeons & Dragons playing boy carry a lot less weight than "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Also, as much as I love Kashmir, rock and roll Heaven does not recognize a suite of violins as having the same gravitas as a Fairlight or, in this case, a Lowery organ.

On personal note, I prefer The Ocean and the epic When the Levee Breaks (which was an old blues cover) along with Kashmir to the other LZ tunes you refer to.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.