Best gig you attended in 2018

Johnny Marr @ the Warsaw in NYC
Neil Young @ the Auditorium Theatre, Chicago
Nada Surf @ the Metro, Chicago

When was the nada surf gig? I wouldn't mind seeing them myself.
The show was last spring. 15year anniversary of Let Go. They played the album in full, then played a second set of hits. About 3hrs total, absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure when they'll be around next. It's about the 8th time I've seen them, always a great show.

The show was last spring. 15year anniversary of Let Go. They played the album in full, then played a second set of hits. About 3hrs total, absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure when they'll be around next. It's about the 8th time I've seen them, always a great show.

Shit. I just checked and they played the same gig here at the Horseshoe Tavern in March. Great, small venue. Can't believe I missed it.
I hope to see them and Spoon soon.

Yeah, roundres in the laines. Probably still there.

Rounder Records was in Brighton Square in the Lanes, along with Essential Music, but both long gone now (well in the last 5-10 years). Resident Records in the North Laine is about the only "new" record store still going (apart from HMV which recently re-opened in Churchill Square, but for how long?).

was rounders the one in the square just up from the old steine? used too like going in the heart in hand just for the jukey. sadly lot of the old pubs have either been gentrified or lost. even london road looked half decent last time i was there

Heart in Hand is still there mate.

And London Road is still pretty ropey you'll be glad to know, although not as ropey as Lewes Road.

You definitely should if you get a chance. Catchy as and a real sense of fun about it all.

Yeh, I've got their last album and seen a few of their promo vids and they look like they're having a real laugh. I tried to get my daughter to listen to the album, but at age 12 she's a bit of a musical purist and just complained that they couldn't sing. I told her she was missing the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.