Best Goal you have ever seen

My most enjoyable goal was Balotelli's first during the 6-1 at Old Trafford. It was just the total contempt he showed by stroking it into the net. I was lucky to be there and remember thinking I never dreamed I would see the day when we played with such arrogance (and brilliance) during an away Derby match. Mario was wildly unpredictable but on his day he was a bit of a genius wasn't he?
The best I have seen was probably Gundogan's after all those passes in last season's home Derby. It was ridiculously great. Like watching a film.

Ones that stand out:
Zidane CL final volley
Bergkamps v Argentina
Owen v Argentina
Gascoigne v Scotland
Sergio v QPR (and the ludicrous wide finish against Liverpool)

I remember Michael Johnson's lovely goal after a one-two with Elano I think, when City started the season under Sven in such great form. Lovely curled finish. Not sure who it was against now. Want to say Derby?!

Yes, it was against Derby. First goal at home for ages!

I was just thinking of that as I scrolled up the page and there you are! I was talking to a Feyenoord fan last week in a sleepy place called Leek (Netherlands, and it's pronounce Lake, as in Paul of our parish!) and mentioned that goal - he was only a young lad and I think he had never seen it!
I'm a mind reader lol ;-)

Controversial one here would be when I got a ticket in the Oldham End when they played the rags in the fa cup semi at Maine Road in 94 I think it was. Andrei Kanchelskis picking the ball up in the right back position and cutting across the whole pitch taking on 4-5 players and then hitting it with his left foot right in top corner. Unbelievable goal and was a quality player in his time, too bad we got him when he was past it last season Joe Royle was in charge.

I was there as well supporting Oldham on. Some goal that was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.