Best job-hunting website? Is there one?

Manchester1894

Looks like my time may be up soon. Agency staff you see. CVs upto date..

Monster and Job-site so far...

Recommend away.

that jobsite is fucking shite mate! i have got a job seekers interview on thursday! don't want to be on it but when i got laid off from my job i have had so much trouble finding a job! its hard now!

I'm using Monster, Jobsite and Jobsmine. It's early days for me but I've managed to get a few pointers although nothing concrete.

Jobsite used to be good for IT jobs, I got my last job and current job through them by just uploading my cv and letting agencys ring me. Might be different in the current climate though.

MEN, Reed, Key103 all have a lot. My advice would be to look at individual company sites and apply direct though. If you can ascertain who the adverts refer to on these sites do the same.

It is quite hard but I got laid off in October, had a couple of months off then got two interviews and got them both. I've started the first one but start the second next week. Got to tell my current employer tomorrow, won't be happy!

Not sure what the standard of your CV is but it's now more than critical that it looks the part. If you can afford about £35 think about getting it professionally done, the CV centre or similar. A good CV is your introduction to your new employer so a good first impression is vital to set you out from the rabble! If you can't afford it make sure it does not read like a job description and no more than 2 pages with the best stuff on page 1. Add some achievements to each job you had. How you influenced driving unbilled work from 92% to 94% etc. A small leap but believable. If you're applying electronically hide some key words [white font] that are in the advert in the header or footer of your CV, some firms use electronic word searches and this is the only way some are read!

Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.