Best mattress on the market

Tempur

Expensive,but you wont end up replacing it after a couple of years because the cheaper one you went for (such as fucking Simba) is well marketed/overhyped shite.
I was wondering about tempur but find memory foam a bit hot/stuffy - I am the sort of weirdo that likes the window open and radiator off in winter in the bedroom though.

I was wondering about tempur but find memory foam a bit hot/stuffy - I am the sort of weirdo that likes the window open and radiator off in winter in the bedroom though.
Tempur has the 'cooling technology' so it doesnt act like normal memory foam,i used to have the same issue with some of te cheaper shite i was referring to.

Bought a Nectar one a couple of months back. It's the 3rd memory foam mattress we've had. I'll be honest, I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't feel right. I'm not saying it's uncomfortable but I did expect better.
The Mrs says the same thing. Might give it a few more weeks then get in touch with them.

Went for Nectar in the end, problem is, bed frame from a different supplier has been delayed, so not tried it out yet!

All these new memory foam types are just trying reinvent the wheel.
The trouble with foam is that it eventually softens, and any support you had is gone.
Also turning over during the night is essential for blood flow around the body. Foam mattresses make this harder to do.
The Americans know what makes a good mattress. Never came across a foam one there. I've never seen a foam mattress in a hotel for example. Basically if it comes rolled up in a box, give it a pass.
They go for a good depth first. Although some are bordering on the ridiculas. Seems weird having to jump on and off a bed!
They all go for proper multiple springs, with a nice thick topper.

Anyone tried one of these Dormeo ones seem to have a good deal at moment
According to the constant and incessant adverts on the telly they must be brilliant.....latest sleep technology ( what ever that is...) half price, free pillows, 16 yr guarrantee, 3 easy monthly payments, loads of happy smiley people waking up in a light flooded room full of the joys of spring, where do I sign ??

We got a Simba 18 months ago for Super King Bed.
Absolute shit.
Within 12 months it had gone soft at sides and rock hard in middle giving the effect you are sliding off the bed. Got in contact with Benson who said an independent person would come out and review. The test was a peice of string across the mattress to determine the depression. Ours measured 10mm but the starting point needs to be 25mm. The problem with the test is it take no account of the depression when a person is actually lying on the bed.
The particular complaint does seem to be a common one with Simba mattresses.
Thereafter I got involved in an Anti-Bensons website, contacted the CEO to no avail and now just bad mouth them and SImba at every opportunity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.