Be Bop Deluxe 1976
Ramones, Electric Circus 77
Thin Lizzy, King's Hall Belle Vue, Bad Reputation Tour 77
Japan, Apollo 1981 and 1982
The Church, The Gallery 1982
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Apollo 82
Hanoi Rocks, The Gallery 1983
REM, The Gallery 1984
Prince, Lovesexy Tour '88 Birmingham NEC (in the round)
Cocteau Twins, Academy 1994
Cheap Trick, Harley Davidson Cafe opening night, Las Vegas1997
Prince, Apollo 2001
Prince, Hit & Run Tour 2014, Academy
Cheap Trick, The Cavern 2019

So many to choose from.

Queen, Free Trade Hall 1975.
The Who, KIn's Hall, Belle Vue, 1975
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Free Trade Hall1975 and 1977
Be Bop Deluxe 1976
Ramones, Electric Circus 77
Thin Lizzy, King's Hall Belle Vue, Bad Reputation Tour 77
Japan, Apollo 1981 and 1982
The Church, The Gallery 1982
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Apollo 82
Hanoi Rocks, The Gallery 1983
REM, The Gallery 1984
Prince, Lovesexy Tour '88 Birmingham NEC (in the round)
Cocteau Twins, Academy 1994
Cheap Trick, Harley Davidson Cafe opening night, Las Vegas1997
Prince, Apollo 2001
Prince, Hit & Run Tour 2014, Academy
Cheap Trick, The Cavern 2019
I was at four of the first five, didn't see Skynyrd in '75.

I also saw Lizzy twice in MCR in 1977 but on consecutive nights at the FTH.

Last edited:
Supposed to be on at Download this year, if it goes ahead. My sons band playing so should be there for nowt
Useful.

I don't mind stadium gigs but I try to avoid those in a field at all costs; other than Reading as it's a 15 minute drive from home to where we park (takes twice as long to walk to the field but it's not very far); although Reading tends to be more for my daughters' benefit.

Will only go to Download if there's someone I have to see. Last time was the rain soaked day mentioned and it was a really good bill for me, with Kiss headlining. Kiss are usually a must see but the bill this year looks awful so I doubt I'll bother. Still not convinced it will even happen but I hope such events are possible by then. A late dash, if day tickets remain and weather forecast is decent, is possible.

Useful.

I don't mind stadium gigs but I try to avoid those in a field at all costs; other than Reading as it's a 15 minute drive from home to where we park (takes twice as long to walk to the field but it's not very far); although Reading tends to be more for my daughters' benefit.

Will only go to Download if there's someone I have to see. Last time was the rain soaked day mentioned and it was a really good bill for me, with Kiss headlining. Kiss are usually a must see but the bill this year looks awful so I doubt I'll bother. Still not convinced it will even happen but I hope such events are possible by then. A late dash, if day tickets remain and weather forecast is decent, is possible.
Always liked Download. Marilyn Manson probably the best I have seen there. However, I do not agree about Kiss. Seen them twice & both times dreadful. Also utter shite were Aerosmith & special mention to Billy Idol who forgot the words to White Wedding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.