Best new controlling midfielder in the prem?

2018/2019 will see a big influx of talented controlling midfielders come to the league, but who's the best?

Jorginho (Chelsea)
Seri (Fulham)
Neves (Wolves)
Fred (Man United)
Fabinho (Liverpool)
Keita (Liverpool)
Torreira (Arsenal)

Seri, Keita and Fred aren't really controlling or holding midfielders, they're more like box-to-box players who play next to the holding midfielder.

So Torreira, Neves, Fabinho &Jorginho are the 4 real candidates and I'd say Jorginhos the best at controlling the game , Fabinho the best defender.

Torreira looks like a decent halfway house between the 2.

I still don't know how Kante and Jorginho will co-exist at Chelsea. Kante is one of if not the best link up player in the entire world. Perhaps Jorginho will be pushed further up the pitch and attempt to be more of an offensive distributor. But I don't think that's his game and it will also mean he's not a controlling midfielder, at least as I understand the concept.

Kante will be the Gattuso to Jorginho’s Pirlo

Lets wait until the season has started in 2017/2018 people highly rated Bakayoko who would have him now........anyone???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.