Best North West Beaches

Wish I would have seen this post a bit earlier. On my way to Llandudno now, been sat in traffic for past 45 minutes and I'm dying for a shit.

it’s probably too late you’re soiled yourself by now, but the Asda is open and they have toilets. I know this because I went 3 times whilst there

you've never been able to walk from Southport to Blackpool across the beach. The River Ribble is in the way and the estuary is dangerous with channels, mud and sinking sand.

Did I not put mainly in that sentance?

I know the 6 mile stretch of the estuary is not doable, but there used to be a costal walk that went slightly inland and back to the coast.

Was wondering if it is still there

Y'stday the 10-15 from Oxford RD set off with lots of room to spare. At Bolton every seat filled, At Wigan Wallgate all the standing room was filled. Distancing impossible.
Not ideal in the middle of a pandemic even though masks were pretty much worn by most adults. Southport itself was busy but not overwhelming so. Given the weather forecast all so predictable, Saturday set to be cooler, so could be less of an ordeal on the train.....gd luck

Not read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Hilbre Islands on The Dee estuary? A great day out for the kids.... Time it right for the tide going out. Fantastic walk, you can see seals at the end of the northern island. No McDonalds or tacky shops a truly free day out and the kids are knackered and sleep all the way home. A few times i almost did too (and I was driving!)

Not read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Hilbre Islands on The Dee estuary? A great day out for the kids.... Time it right for the tide going out. Fantastic walk, you can see seals at the end of the northern island. No McDonalds or tacky shops a truly free day out and the kids are knackered and sleep all the way home. A few times i almost did too (and I was driving!)

Just read up on it, they no longer have apark ranger working there because of no electricity and running water.

Fuck it I would do that job, buy a generator and a few water butts to catch rain water and you laughing, imagine having an island to yourself most of the time and you can walk to the shops when the tide is out on the mainland, so not a big deal supplies wise

Hilbre is a stunning day out and as you said, you need to time it perfectly. Great walk over the sands too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.