Best player not to win anything

I would have to say ... my own namesake,Alan Oakes.
He won countless trophies as we know but the one thing he should have got was an England cap.
Alan was so unfortunate that England had one of the greatest ever footballers I have seen ... Bobby Moore,who happened to play in the same position as Alan.
Fast foward a few seasons later and along came Norman Hunter.
So ,so unlucky for Alan that two wonderful players robbed him of an England Full Cap.
He did represent England in some form,playing for the Football League XI.

I would have to say ... my own namesake,Alan Oakes.
He won countless trophies as we know but the one thing he should have got was an England cap.
Alan was so unfortunate that England had one of the greatest ever footballers I have seen ... Bobby Moore,who happened to play in the same position as Alan.
Fast foward a few seasons later and along came Norman Hunter.
So ,so unlucky for Alan that two wonderful players robbed him of an England Full Cap.
He did represent England in some form,playing for the Football League XI.
At least he made the ESSO world cup 70 coin collection!

Did he ???
s-l225.jpg

From memory there was a 40-man preliminary squad named a few months in advance of the tournament and Alan Oakes was selected in that, I think Esso based the coin collection on that squad.
I`ll have to ask him,but it looks like you may well be correct seeing that Mad Eyed Screamer has shown us some evidence.
Thanks to you both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.