Best player you have played with (or against)

Paladin

The highest achieving player I played against was Sammy McIlroy. Well after he retired, he used to play with a group of guys in Lymm, and my own team would challenge them to a game every so often. He was still the outstanding player when in his fifties, against all us casual footballers.

In the eighties, I worked for United Utilities, and we would play against councils and other utility companies in the NALGO cup. Some ex-pros would turn up in that, especially for the Liverpool based teams. I can't remember any names though.

Anyone else been humiliated by being on the same pitch as someone literally from a different league?

Peter coyne,in my younger days another mate who was shit hot Mick shuff, and the best of the lot by a mile howsie from leve.

John Sheridan and a few of his brothers .. played with them at school and in various sunday league teams

Scored against David James while playing for my secondary school against his in the mid 80's.

Played against Paul Stewart as a schoolboy. I think it was in a final at Xaverian...?

Also, Neil Lennon played for The Moor Top team (Heaton Villa) at least once, he used to go in there when he was a trainee at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.