Best Premier League Midfield (city related)

watched this and thought he was saying that Parker was the main man, so that must mean they were shite before he went to them.

Then I watched the interview with PJones, he really p**sed me off, how many times does he say "you know" 9in one sentence, so you know his name now is (PhilyouknowJones) Boring. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spurs have assembled a very good midfield, the first 4 are top notch and on par with ours. It's strange to think it given 1-2 years ago, but us and Spurs have the best midfields in the prem and Spurs has a very nice balance to it. Combine that with the fact our midfield is ALWAYS rotating as is our formation it would be hard to pick our best 4 never mind say they are the best in the Prem. So this doesn't surprise me.

Amazed that he's rotated Modric out, unless he is carrying a knock. 'Arry has played the same 4 in virtually every PL game this season. Shows how much confidence he has in the backups. They are goign to burn out in a couple of months time, especially when he starts needing to play his first choice midfield in tougher cup games.

As much as I despise Spurs they do have a great midfield. Modric is the player I was hoping we'd get all summer, combine him with Silva in our midfield and we'd be damn near unstoppable.

I might get some stick for this but I actually think besides us, Spurs have the best starting 11 in the league. Their problem is they don't really have a lot of depth. I think with a little more talent in their squad they could mount a serious title challenge, but right now I think they're not quite there. Should get 4th though and maybe 3rd if someone slips up.

yankblue said:
As much as I despise Spurs they do have a great midfield. Modric is the player I was hoping we'd get all summer, combine him with Silva in our midfield and we'd be damn near unstoppable.

I might get some stick for this but I actually think besides us, Spurs have the best starting 11 in the league. Their problem is they don't really have a lot of depth. I think with a little more talent in their squad they could mount a serious title challenge, but right now I think they're not quite there. Should get 4th though and maybe 3rd if someone slips up.

Not one of there midfield would make our starting 11.

Bazzmand Show said:
yankblue said:

I, like a poster above, think Modric would have been a great buy for us in the summer. He could play where De Jong normally plays, as he's a bit of a terrier and doesn't mind getting stuck in, but from what I've seen of both his forward forays are much much more successful. Far more in the same way Alonso operates for RM for example. I'm very glad he didn't go to Chelsea, though I guess that won't make much difference if Spurs are just going to take their place!

Bazzmand Show said:
yankblue said:

Maybe not but I'd take Modric and Bale all day. Even if they wouldn't make our starting 11 I think they would into Liverpools, Uniteds, Arsenals, but that's just my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.