Best Premier League Midfield (city related)

Shows like football focus can ignore us as much as they want. Plenty of premier league managers do. Baconface has done it for years, recently he did it at his own peril.

It makes me laugh how these buffoons seam to think that by not acknowledging us we'll somehow become less of a threat.

How many times over the years when clubs like scum have been top of the table have we heard statements like "the table never lies" or "the cream always rises". Tired cliches for tired washed out clubs.

This is our time.... 97,98,99,100! coming ready or not!

Bazzmand Show said:
yankblue said:
As much as I despise Spurs they do have a great midfield. Modric is the player I was hoping we'd get all summer, combine him with Silva in our midfield and we'd be damn near unstoppable.

I might get some stick for this but I actually think besides us, Spurs have the best starting 11 in the league. Their problem is they don't really have a lot of depth. I think with a little more talent in their squad they could mount a serious title challenge, but right now I think they're not quite there. Should get 4th though and maybe 3rd if someone slips up.

Not one of there midfield would make our starting 11.

I'd take Bale on the left wing. We do need a winger. Johnson is the only one we have.

Comrade Buka said:
Bazzmand Show said:
yankblue said:
As much as I despise Spurs they do have a great midfield. Modric is the player I was hoping we'd get all summer, combine him with Silva in our midfield and we'd be damn near unstoppable.

I might get some stick for this but I actually think besides us, Spurs have the best starting 11 in the league. Their problem is they don't really have a lot of depth. I think with a little more talent in their squad they could mount a serious title challenge, but right now I think they're not quite there. Should get 4th though and maybe 3rd if someone slips up.

Not one of there midfield would make our starting 11.

I'd take Bale on the left wing. We do need a winger. Johnson is the only one we have.

Who would you drop for him though? We don't really play with wingers and Johnson wouldn't be in a first choice 11 (even though I personally don't like them very much, we have an exceptionally good squad of players, some of which unfortunately have to be left out from time to time ;) ).

moomba said:
I had a discussion with a Spurs supporter who thought the same, much to my surprise a few people agreed with him.

As far as I'm concerned we're a mile in front.

This.

In fact, make that TWO miles.

--de Jong---Barry--
---------Yaya--------
---Silva------Nasri---

--------Parker---Modric----
Lennon------------------Bale
------------vdVaart----------

We don't play with wingers most of the time. Spurs play a more rigid 4-4-1-1 so you notice their midfield more than ours. We hve a much more fluid/ less rigid set-up. I'd say we were often 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 so we never have more than 2 or 3 in midfield. With that you can see why people think they have a better midfield as there are more numbers, I'd say we play with more forwards (not strikers) than Spurs so it's a completely different comparison!

I think you have a better team all round. But our midfield has created some great chances its just with our lack of Fire power ( even with your Adebayor ) we haven't been able to bury teams the way you have, and clearly as a team you are mile better than any one, Silva for me has been the best player in the prem so far this season, and Modric is quite similar only not as quick, We rely on Van der vaart and Bale to get a lot of our goals which leaves Parker and/or Sandro to do the leg work, and at times we have sliced teams apart, whereas you have much more balanced side and your forwards are much more confident in taking defenders on, and when the ball gets played up to them it sticks rather than coming straight back

I do think that City and Spurs have the two best midfields in the league, certainly. What gives City the edge is depth. Sandro, Pienaar, and Kranjcar are very solid Premier League players. However, the likes of Milner (when he's not starting), Johnson, etc. make City's midfield more formidable. In fact, this point is further amplified by the fact that it is even hard to identify City's "backup" midfielders, as any of them are capable of being first choice.

I don't think Spurs get enough credit for the depth they do have, though. The names I mentioned above along with Huddlestone when healthy are pretty good players to have on your bench. Again, both midfields are very strong, but City does have the edge in depth.

When they start handing out three points or trophies for who the pundits believe has the best midfielders, I will care. Until then, it is all shite!

Onwards and upwards. Let's discuss it in late May and we can compare what is what then.

To be fair, our midfield usually consists of Barry and Yaya or Milner and Yaya or Barry and Milner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.