Best Roses song?

So much to choose from.

I really like Misery Dictionary - more because you could see where they started.

I can't choose a favourite though but do like the lyrics 'the past is yours but the futures mine'............

Shands said:
Don’t know if it’s my favourite, because that changes all the time, but the song that I think encapsulates The Roses talents best is ‘Shoot You Down’. I like that fact that each member has his own space to breathe on the song. Reni and Mani carry it along effortlessly and Squire dips in and out sprinkling bits of magic over the top, plus it’s got the classic roses trick of angelic harmonies with dark lyrics. I love it.
That's what I'm going for.

citykev28 said:
Shands said:
Don’t know if it’s my favourite, because that changes all the time, but the song that I think encapsulates The Roses talents best is ‘Shoot You Down’. I like that fact that each member has his own space to breathe on the song. Reni and Mani carry it along effortlessly and Squire dips in and out sprinkling bits of magic over the top, plus it’s got the classic roses trick of angelic harmonies with dark lyrics. I love it.

one line that sums up the stone roses for me. never heard it explained so well whilst so simply. beautiful.

They did it time and again brilliantly Kev. The songs are pretty and melodic and uplifting and the vocals are whispered which I suppose is synonymous with being gentle and tender and trustworthy but then when you actually listen to what’s being said its confrontational, cocky and sometimes spiteful.

I always think it’s like the tales of mermaid’s song luring ships to the rocks, the tunes lull you in and before you realise it you’re singing cheerily about killing the queen!

jesus christ. after listening to the stone roses for 17 years and not really understanding why they are the best band ever, along comes shands on bluemoon and describes exactly how i feel about them. you sir, need to have a pint tonight and i'll have a slurp now while i dig out the complete stone roses.

citykev28 said:
jesus christ. after listening to the stone roses for 17 years and not really understanding why they are the best band ever, along comes shands on bluemoon and describes exactly how i feel about them. you sir, need to have a pint tonight and i'll have a slurp now while i dig out the complete stone roses.

Haha glad to be of service mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.