Best save I've seen (on TV)

Credit where it's due: Paddy Kenny's save from Balotelli in THAT game was as good as anything we've ever seen.
It's probably been overlooked mostly because of subsequent events (thankfully, I know) but I honestly believe that if a more high-profile goalie, at a more glamorous club had pulled that save off, it would be far more celebrated.

I recall at home v Man Utd one season, under the floodlights, David James did a ridiculous double save followed by a goal mouth scramble and he grabbed it. Was pretty star struck as a kid from that.

I was in the Anfield Road for this one and just thought 'fuck, that's in' when he hit it. Defender in the way, shot from no more than 6 yards out, and yet he somehow pulled off a Banks. Maybe Hart's at Swansea was better, but it's a tough call......

I think Oblak's is more than just "a decent save". To see it, to change direction and to get it over the bar all make it world-class. Don't forget, it was hit with fierce power. Banks's save was from a header, which cannot possibly generate the force of a volley.
I played in goal in the old Lancs & Ches amateur league, and I saw a lot of Trautmann, so I do know what I'm talking about.
That brought memories of the sixties for me. I used to play for Moss Side Amateurs.

Hart was outstanding at Spurs that day.one of the most entertaining 0-0 draws ive ever witnessed.
first day of the season , and our first opportunity to see Mancini,s new signings,yaya and Silva debuts..but Hart absolutely outstanding..reminded me of Weaver at home to ipswich i think it was .

Yep, young Nicky was brilliant that night.

It's still the only occasion when I've seen a 'keeper drag the ball from behind him to make a save.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.