Best save I've seen (on TV)

Oh, and Andy Dibble made some ridiculous saves for Luton against Arsenal in the League Cup final around 1987 before joining us.

then it all went tits up
I thought Dibble was a good 'keeper - he made some absolutely fucking brilliant saves for us - but he always had a mistake in him, usually because of lack of concentration.

I think he played in the game, in which Paul Lake injured his knee, against Villa, as Tony Coton had a slight knock. He was fantastic that night and made some outstanding saves.

But, it was obvious that Kendall didn’t fully trust him, and Coton was back in the team for the visit to the Blades on the following Saturday.

Even though we have all had “that save” by Banks told to us as the best ever, that’s ^^^^ the one that springs to my mind!

Banks’ agility was second to none, and the quality of the game or opponent is hard to beat, but for sheer “That’s in...bloody hell, he saved it!” I’m going with Seaman.

Not a famous one, but I still think of a save by Tony Coton against Leeds in the year they won the top flight (1991?).

It was around April and United fans thought we'd roll over as they were fighting for the title, but we battered them 4-0. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, but Leeds winning the title was a happy ending to it!

Somewhere during that, C*ntona leathered a volley from the edge of the box and Coton just casually caught it as it had practically gone past him. You could tell C*ntona couldn't believe it had been saved.

Fantastic keeper at the time, criminally overlooked by England.

Found the vid of the match, the save is at about 4 mins in. It doesn't look anything special, but I was sat level the 6 yard box and I swear it was past his shoulder when he caught it.

Game also features some fine goals by us that day!

Gordon Banks vs Pele 1970 got to be first. Second is the Colombian keeper Higuita with his SCORPION kick save. That took balls cos if he messes it up chances are he may have an interview with a drug cartel

this one was brilliant..Yashin was probably the greatest keeper..150 penalty saves..too hard to post any individual save.

Neville Southall point blank range for Everton away against Tottenham (I think) in 85 - the moment they knew they were going to win the league.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.