Best Scenes in a Film

tons of great little moments in this.
"not with these idiots, I have fashion friends."
"are you a drug dealer or a banker? cus if your a banker you can #v<k off!"
"thanks Charlie, still living with your mom?"

"i need the CDO machine to run for another two years then I'm rich as f*** with my house in Aspen."
"your not concerned about the recent rise in default rates?"
"Stop being such a buzz kill dude! We didn't bring you out here to talk about work."
"then why did you bring us out?"
"we need to be able to expense the ammo to a client, now I'm gonna kill some terrorists, F*** Ya!"
And . . .

“His face is starting to boil. He looks like the bad guy from Dune.”

“Here’s your steel cut oats, asshole.”

“But some of the fresh fish doesn't sell. I don't know why. Maybe it just came out halibut has the intelligence of a dolphin.”

“So here’s Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain.”

This movie is close to my heart as I am indeed one of those Wall Street types from that era, and I cover housing. Front Point was one of my clients. I’ve actually been in the conference room portrayed which looked very much like the one in the movie (albeit they mostly look alike in NYC). I didn’t know Eisemann or any of the characters in the film; I talked to a different guy on the equity side when they were short stocks related to housing including my coverage area (which was fine as we were negative too). I thought Jeremy Strong should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor for playing Vinnie. Though he plays a “numbers guy” he has the desk trader role down cold — I know guys exactly like him; he is uncanny in that film.

And . . .

“His face is starting to boil. He looks like the bad guy from Dune.”

“Here’s your steel cut oats, asshole.”

“But some of the fresh fish doesn't sell. I don't know why. Maybe it just came out halibut has the intelligence of a dolphin.”

“So here’s Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain.”

This movie is close to my heart as I am indeed one of those Wall Street types from that era, and I cover housing. Front Point was one of my clients. I’ve actually been in the conference room portrayed which looked very much like the one in the movie (albeit they mostly look alike in NYC). I didn’t know Eisemann or any of the characters in the film; I talked to a different guy on the equity side when they were short stocks related to housing including my coverage area (which was fine as we were negative too). I thought Jeremy Strong should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor for playing Vinnie. Though he plays a “numbers guy” he has the desk trader role down cold — I know guys exactly like him; he is uncanny in that film.
That's palpable.
"Chuck a hundred million in for me, mate."
Strong was great, "I just spoke with Mark Baum, he says to f**k off"
they all were, it was wonderfully casted. Even the guy giving the mortgage speech in Vegas was on the mark.
a little scene I like is when Burry is buying the swaps at Duetsche Bank and says "Can we make it $200,000,000?"
the old guy says "absolutely we can make it $200,000,000"
then Burry slides the prospectus across the table and the old guy looks at it - then, has a little glance at Burry and for a split second you can see a little tinge of doubt and a "what the hell are you up to?" thought. Brilliant if intended.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.