Best selection of English strikers since??

It's pretty average. Go back 10 years and it was likely better.

We had a bit of a lull in recent years but otherwise there has always been a serviceable amount of decently talented English strikers around.

Kane, Watkins, Toney, Bamford, Rashford, Greenwood, Antonio, Vardy, Calvert-Lewin, Abraham, Ings, Wilson, Armstrong

apart from kane ,a very average bunch.
Think Greenwood, Abraham and Calvert-Lewin all have a fair bit of development and could become very decent.
Vardy is definitely well above average.

It seems that all of the sudden, the past two years.. there's been a massive influx of good English strikers. Probably the best talent pool of them since Shearer, Cole, Owen, Fowler, Heskey, Phillips, Smith and Sherringham.

We have.. Kane, Watkins, Toney, Bamford, Rashford, Greenwood, Antonio, Vardy, Calvert-Lewin, Abraham, Ings, Wilson, Armstrong and probably countless others I'm foregetting.

I would say on that list 2-3 would make it in the top 30 best strikers in europe, rest are ok but not a patch on the last generation or what you would call the best.

None of them are anywhere near as good as Shearer, Cole, Owen, Fowler or Sheringham.
I know you are saying the best since, but I don't think the current lot are anything special.
Cole only scored one goal for England. Fowler got seven. Sterling has scored 18, but 15 of those were in the last 3 years in 23 games. Which is kinda what some people are saying about strikers. Back in the days of Cole and Fowler, pretty much everyone played with two strikers. Nowadays, it's more like two wide forwards and a striker. So if we extend the list to include the likes of Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, etc, then it looks a lot brighter. But yeah, Harry Kane is the only truly world class striker England have. Luckily that's not the problem it used to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.