Best shops for Vinyl records

There's quite a few random vendors on ebay selling vinyl brand new and sealed whilst undercutting a lot of retailers.

I picked up New Order- Power, Corruption and lies brand new for £15 free postage (was £10 for me with a £5 off voucher I had with ebay).

I have also picked up some RSD exclusives brand new for the RRP from ebay which I missed out on over the years.

If anybody is stuck for storage ideas, I picked up a Jameson's vintage wooden crate for about £17 from Etsy.

Can anybody recommend the best outer plastic sleeves to use from Amazon?
Can't help my old mucker, don't use them. Unless anyone knows differently I doubt there's any real difference between them so go for what you can afford.

Just an observation...

I know HMV has always been expensive but it is now seems to be on a completely different level of expense. I'm also very aware vinyl can be an expensive format.

I had some time to kill on Saturday whilst the Mrs was shopping so had a mooch round. Standard brand new re issues (most not even a gatefold) were 2 for £40 which would have been or are £14 on Amazon etc. Not sure what the justification is for this pricing, they seem too margin hungry. There's independent record shops that won't charge that much who I'd rather buy from.

Anybody noticed the price of vinyl has severely jumped in the past year? Ofcourse it is great if you have a decent collection and looking to sell.

For a brand new LP I would say up until last year £22 was the average price in shops and online. You might pay £24 to £26 for a coloured vinyl/ exclusive.

I went in to Jonathan Moss' record shop in Leeds on Wednesday and he was charging £29 for a brand new reissue of Artic Monkeys. Their vinyl has been around the £21 mark for ages. This is one example but LPs were typically £30 brand new.

I suppose he has to try and afford Headingley commercial rent some how but not sure how self aware some independent shops are with their pricing. Noticed a few places in York were taking the p*ss.

Smart little place in Bury

Anybody noticed the price of vinyl has severely jumped in the past year? Ofcourse it is great if you have a decent collection and looking to sell.

For a brand new LP I would say up until last year £22 was the average price in shops and online. You might pay £24 to £26 for a coloured vinyl/ exclusive.

I went in to Jonathan Moss' record shop in Leeds on Wednesday and he was charging £29 for a brand new reissue of Artic Monkeys. Their vinyl has been around the £21 mark for ages. This is one example but LPs were typically £30 brand new.

I suppose he has to try and afford Headingley commercial rent some how but not sure how self aware some independent shops are with their pricing. Noticed a few places in York were taking the p*ss.
Getting vinyl pressed is becoming a big issue with it's increase in poularity, I think bands are having to wait months and are even putting back releases waiting for a pressing. I think nearly all come from within the eu so there will be those added costs.

Last edited:
Second hand prices have gone through the roof. This was pushed up by the lockdown and they haven't fallen. Some stuff on my wish list was 20-30 quid 3 years ago...and now go for over 200!

Damn me for wanting white label stuff.

Smart little place in Bury
I used to buy a lot of my records from Vibes in Bury. Just googled it and sad to see it shut in 2011.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.