Best way(s) to purchase a car

When you come to the end of a PCP deal and you don't take the option of keeping the current car..do you have to pay another initial deposit like at the begining or do you just swap the car and start again?

The remaining balance is usually the same as what the car is worth in their eyes. Funny that.

You will need another deposit to start again.

You’re all mad buy a banger run it until it collapses then buy another banger. I have spent 2300 in the last six years plus a bit on maintenance. My budget is a grand a year but it never gets near.

You’re all mad buy a banger run it until it collapses then buy another banger. I have spent 2300 in the last six years plus a bit on maintenance. My budget is a grand a year but it never gets near.

On one hand I see where you're coming from, I'm not a petrol head and know fuck all about cars...but my materialistic side wants a nice shiny motor.

Funniest part is, I don't even enjoy driving.

That's my way too, my current one was given to me by a customer 30mths ago, so far cost me about £300, previous one cost me £500 and it died after 3 years.

We do have my wife's car on a pcp, just over half way through and all good, she loves her mini even though it isn't really hers, yet.
We got it in the main because she was transferring with work to the Trafford Centre, bit of a schlep from Northwich so it was for my peace of mind as much as anything.

We based the mileage on 18k per year due to her work but that changed and it's only just on 21k now (just over 2 years), not sure if we just have to bite the bullet on that or whether hopefully it will help to reduce to balloon. This makes me wonder if it's worth renewing it early due to the lower mileage, no doubt if I approach the company they will say it's a great idea, sign here...

You are so 1970's.

Was thinking that myself, I mean back then it was quite normal to 'borrow' a car to get home from wherever. I used to regularly use a neighbours car for night time drives, always pushed it away from the house so as not to disturb them and parked it back in the same spot when finished, was Humber Sceptre, lovely car, cheers Mr Butterworth.

PCH (Personal Lease) is way cheaper than PCP.
Rule of thumb - if it appreciates = buy it, if it depreciates = lease it.

With PCP you are funding the the whole car and interest, with PCH you are funding the depreciation which will be less as the vehicle will be discounted and there is no interest

And yes I work for a Contract hire company, but if you need any further help or info just inbox me.

Cheers

PCH (Personal Lease) is way cheaper than PCP.
Rule of thumb - if it appreciates = buy it, if it depreciates = lease it.

With PCP you are funding the the whole car and interest, with PCH you are funding the depreciation which will be less as the vehicle will be discounted and there is no interest

And yes I work for a Contract hire company, but if you need any further help or info just inbox me.

Cheers

If you don't mine me asking here - which company?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.