Better than last year

cookster

Positives
  • Qualified for the Champs League
  • 2 points better off in the League
  • Favourites for the Capital One Cup
  • Coped well with injuries
So why do I feel like we are still playing well below the squad's level?

Agree we in a great position at this point of the season especially with having 2 of our best players out for a length of time. We all know city kick on after christmas

Don't think we're 150m better

Some truth in that, with the signing we made I thought it ticked all the boxes but we haven't kicked on. I've got an awful feeling we're going to go deep in all the Cup competitions, probably win one but miss out on the league due poor decision making from Pelle.

Agree we in a great position at this point of the season especially with having 2 of our best players out for a length of time. We all know city kick on after christmas
Last year we won something like 6 games in 18 from 28th December to 12th April in all competitions.

we aren't going to win every game. alright point in the end. through in the champions league in style and doing great in the league not much to moan about really

we aren't going to win every game. alright point in the end. through in the champions league in style and doing great in the league not much to moan about really

We're not but this one won't go down as an alright point. Rags away yes, villa away no.

In fact our away form has been very average since Everton in August in the prem.

We may have qualified for the CL last 16, but we got "out of jail" twice with injury time wins.
We played very well in Seville, but they outplayed us at home.
Our PL games have been below standard since Newcastle.
Hopefully the return of Silva and Kun will improve our PL performances.

We may have qualified for the CL last 16, but we got "out of jail" twice with injury time wins.
We played very well in Seville, but they outplayed us at home.
Our PL games have been below standard since Newcastle.
Hopefully the return of Silva and Kun will improve our PL performances.

injury time winners are the making of a winning team, just look at fergies united teams, even when they weren't at their best they'd snatch the game. You can't win every game though, we didn't lose today, bit unlucky with the chances.

Neither do I. Four years ago we had Kun Tevez Džeko and Balotelli. Now we have Kun Bony and Iheanacho.

Our midfield is comparable (Yaya was miles better as he was younger though)

Our defenders are probably better now.

I think we've gone from one extreme, of being solely relying on little triangle passes with very little pace and directness, to another, where we have too many direct players on the pitch uncomfortable in tight situations.
KDB and Sterling have their qualities but clever passing in tight situations is not one of them. Today add Navas into the mix and we're basically trying to dominate a game with a counter attacking team.

We looked great vs Sevilla because we had a nearly perfect counter attacking 11 out there, and we pressed high up with energy. And Sevilla needed to beat us
Much of today's failings was down to making such a sloppy slow start. If you only play for half a game don't make excuses about missing 1 or 2 "chances to score" (as MP puts it), it's normal to miss that many even if you smash someone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.