Big Mal ... Prophet ... 4 decades later ????

oakiecokie

Not certain how many have seen this book called appropriately "The Little Book Of Man City"
Quotes from famous people and players on City.
Could Big Mal be coming back with a comment he made 4 decades ago :
"Four years ago it was Man United,Man United,Man United.It drove me mad.If I mentioned Man City,they laughed at me.Who`s laughing now ?" (03/06/69)
Weird,spooky or are Big Mals words coming back to hurt those Rags again ???
Another qoute I love :
"I`m glad that George Weah left.If he`d have taken 12 shots at John Lennon,he`d be alive today" (Bernard Manning.)
"No.No.No !! We can`t have him. Isn`t he the guy who threw the bed out of the window at Lilleshall ?" (Mercer to Allison ref signing Tony Coleman.)
Brilliant little book !!

oakiecokie said:
Not certain how many have seen this book called appropriately "The Little Book Of Man City"
"Four years ago it was Man United,Man United,Man United.It drove me mad.If I mentioned Man City,they laughed at me.Who`s laughing now ?" (03/06/69)
Another qoute I love :
"I`m glad that George Weah left.If he`d have taken 12 shots at John Lennon,he`d be alive today" (Bernard Manning.)
"No.No.No !! We can`t have him. Isn`t he the guy who threw the bed out of the window at Lilleshall ?" (Mercer to Allison ref signing Tony Coleman.
Brilliant little book !!)

I really wanted this book.. but by the time I got back to the store they weren't selling it anymore. I must look online actually :)

foolsgold* said:
oakiecokie said:
Another qoute I love :
"No.No.No !! We can`t have him. Isn`t he the guy who threw the bed out of the window at Lilleshall ?" (Mercer to Allison ref signing Tony Coleman.
Brilliant little book !!)

I really wanted this book.. but by the time I got back to the store they weren't selling it anymore. I must look online actually :)
I have it and am moving to spain if you want it meet me in Blakpool no probs mate

I agree, a fantastic little book. A personal favourite off top of my head is Johnny Marr's son reaction on being told that his dad would understand if he wanted to start supporting the rags as City had just been relegated to the third tier. "But dad, I could support Arsenal or Liverpool but I could never support THEM!"
I'm sure we can agree that is a well brought up young man who is a credit to his parents!

Another gem :
"The best thing about supporting City is you are never in a mid table,boring position.You either get relegated or promoted.Why would you want to supprt Spurs or Villa,who win nothing and finish sixth or seventh each year."
Will Greenwood 2002.
Well at the time he was probably right !

"On my gravestone the epitaph will read :sooner be here than at Old Trafford"
Bernard Manning 2002. Priceless !!

I remember Lee Bradbury's commanding officer quoted in the press after his £3m City move...........

"I hope he shoots better than he does at the barracks".....lol!

nij said:
foolsgold* said:
I have it and am moving to spain if you want it meet me in Blakpool no probs mate

Where in Spain are you moving to? I live in Murcia so bring the book out with you, I would love to read it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.