Big News

bobmcfc said:
he hates it that everyone else but him can start shit threads about fast food and facebook

Feed-The-Goat said:
All his facebook threads get locked.

Oh rite. So who's up for a KFC thread?

Actually I'm a bit miffed now, I was hoping for a Greggs on Oxford Street.

Challenger1978 said:
smudgedj said:
Never been to Greggs, next time I'm home I'll have to give one a try.

Your to late its a shadow of its former self. The pasties are around a 3rd smaller than they used to be and you only get 3 jam donuts for £1 instead of 5 same with the sausage rolls. Basically they've sold out and gone corporate as each Greggs used to be like a little local bakery. Now they're all the same, its like going in Mcdonalds but for pasties and pies.

I also thoughtthis until i had a traditional pasty the other month. One pound nineteen pence worth joy. Proper bits of meat and carrots and such.

stonerblue said:
Challenger1978 said:
smudgedj said:
Never been to Greggs, next time I'm home I'll have to give one a try.

Your to late its a shadow of its former self. The pasties are around a 3rd smaller than they used to be and you only get 3 jam donuts for £1 instead of 5 same with the sausage rolls. Basically they've sold out and gone corporate as each Greggs used to be like a little local bakery. Now they're all the same, its like going in Mcdonalds but for pasties and pies.

I also thoughtthis until i had a traditional pasty the other month. One pound nineteen pence worth joy. Proper bits of meat and carrots and such.

You sure about that?

daveduke67 said:
stonerblue said:
Challenger1978 said:

You sure about that?

Obviously not proper 'proper' meat. That stuff that really looks smells and tastes like meat but is really not meat. You do get a proper looking bit though.
And the old woman serving was a right fuckin misery with a daft hat on. No wonder the country is in the state it's in. And there was no fuckin jam in me dog nut either. Bastards.
You know what? Greggs's is shit.

Does anyone reckon they could eat a tenner's worth of Greggs (baked products only, the sandwiches don't count) in a single sitting?
Before committing, factor in the special offers. You can probably get 18 sausage rolls and 8 stake bakes for a tenner.

LeeOnePen said:
Does anyone reckon they could eat a tenner's worth of Greggs (baked products only, the sandwiches don't count) in a single sitting?
Before committing, factor in the special offers. You can probably get 18 sausage rolls and 8 stake bakes for a tenner.

Depends whether hungover or not.

Ah, sorry, just logged back on after being called away. Very interesting discussion re the new Greggs too actually.

Anyway, I'm kind of regretting putting this up here now. It won't directly affect me but it's quite ground breaking news and I'm a bit worried about the source.

I'm afraid that I'm not going to send PMs out all over the place just cos someone types 'PM' on a thread. I've only had one PM about this so I think, going forward on this, I'm only going to release the news to people who show their good faith by requesting the info over PM.

It's not fair to the source disperse such info without a safe guard like this.

Sorry if this sounds a bit 'belt and braces' but it's not like we are talking about the opening of a new Martins or something as piddling as that.

I would have thought this thread should be called "Small News." Greggs has many problems IMO. They only ever seem to have one or perhaps two members of staff on in the morning, wherever you go. Someone wants a tea or coffee and the queue's out of the door. Who goes to a bakers for a brew?

Prices either spiral upwards or the products get smaller. They seem to alternate between the two schools of thought while a bag of Walkers crisps has just about doubled in four or five years; think they're about 62p a bag now!

Their own site shows a dozen shops in town...

http://www.greggs.co.uk/shop-finder/?s=m1&x=0&y=0

BTH said:
Prices either spiral upwards or the products get smaller. They seem to alternate between the two schools of thought while a bag of Walkers crisps has just about doubled in four or five years; think they're about 62p a bag now!

http://www.greggs.co.uk/shop-finder/?s=m1&x=0&y=0

I've noticed that over the last four or five years with a lot of things. A bloody starbar now cost 90p+ in my local corner shop. Fucking 90p for something no bigger than a mars bar, are they mad ?

WTF is going on most food/snacks have gone up in price a bit. Certain things though seem to have rocketed up in price to crazy levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.