Big Phil

avoidconfusion said:
I was actually shocked when he came on he looks like a fookin tank!!!

And the way he just brushed off tackles... I would start him ahead of Evans against WBA, Evans was rubbish.

Not sure what anyone sees in evans - pub player at best. Apologies in advance to any pub playing centre forwards :)

Immaculate Pasta said:
forevercity said:
at least there is a positive to tonight

morons wont be going on about how crap big phil is.

i think just me and el hombre were the only ones, out of 10,000 members, who rated him and thought that we shouldnt judge him off 10 mins of football

*smug smiley*

cough cough and me, hopefully he will be added to my proved right collection along with Ireland and hopefully Jo ;-)

sorry fella, forgot you!!!

oh and by the way, all those bashing chad really should stop. cas got shit loads of abuse off the thick cnuts and he is starting to show he is a good player

forevercity said:
at least there is a positive to tonight

morons wont be going on about how crap big phil is.

i think just me and el hombre were the only ones, out of 10,000 members, who rated him and thought that we shouldnt judge him off 10 mins of football

*smug smiley*

Ahem (cough)

Even took the trouble of watching Big Phil play for Ecuador against Chile a while back and was v impressed. Scored a cracker as well.

Delighted for the lad.

itshinchcliffe its5 said:
avoidconfusion said:

And the way he just brushed off tackles... I would start him ahead of Evans against WBA, Evans was rubbish.

Not sure what anyone sees in evans - pub player at best. Apologies in advance to any pub playing centre forwards :)

I wouldn't criticise Evans yet. He is only young and being shoved upfront on his own. Put someone upfront with him (and all our other strikers) and then we might see something better

He isnt a pub player, as shown by when he played for norwich

I've said it loads of times that I don't understand why people don't seem keen to see Big Phil but are always desperate for Sturridge to play.

I think he's looked a good prospect at times. He was awful against Midgetland but the whole team was that night. Deserves a chance as much as anybody else.

Finally he was given a chance and he took it. With our current striking crisis, surely he must get given a go against WBA. Looked the most exciting and powerful out of any of our out and out strikers this season. Hopefully that goal will give him a much needed confidence boost.

Also, Ched Evans was and is shocking, no attacking nouse and couldn't trap a bag of sand. Dreadful, he got given his chance and did fuck all. Sorry Ched you aint good enough.

How Vassel lasted 90 mins is a joke.

Big phil looked like what we need, powerful and attack minded.

The one positive to take from a shocking night.

itshinchcliffe its5 said:
avoidconfusion said:

I wouldn't go that far, he is young and a good player but today he had a chance to show what he is made of and he was crap. Caicedo came on and actually took defenders on and scored.

Finally he was given a chance and he took it. With our current striking crisis, surely he must get given a go against WBA. Looked the most exciting and powerful out of any of our out and out strikers this season. Hopefully that goal will give him a much needed confidence boost.

Also, Ched Evans was and is shocking, no attacking nouse and couldn't trap a bag of sand. Dreadful, he got given his chance and did fuck all. Sorry Ched you aint good enough.

How Vassel lasted 90 mins is a joke.

Big phil looked like what we need, powerful and attack minded.

The one positive to take from a shocking night.

I think Big Phil is the only positive we can take out of tonight. Previously he has never done anything to suggest any decent level of ability, but tonight he was quick, skillful and strong and the finish was good. Based on the lack of alternative options I have to agree that he may be worth a start on the weekend.

For all those who have already written Jo off please take note. Maybe when you are a young player from abroad it can take time to settle and prove yourself. We even told by Jo's agent that we wouldn't see the best of him until later in the season. Give the lad a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.