Big shout out to Gareth Barry

now now lets not morph into arselona fans (booing the likes of Clichy , Sagna , Nasri and especially Fabregas =over 200 appearances), Ive not got a problem with the majority of ex blues especially the likes of Barry , Micah , Lescott just dont get the booing of ex players ?

I remember Dickov turning up for Leicester I think. We got battered. He was cheered at the beginning and booed at the end!!

Huh?

Not one person has a said a bad thing about him....and I'm not going to start! One of the smartest positional players to ever play the game.. His pace was his downfall, because it can be the a ONLY issue Pelle could have had with his ability.

What??? the Southampton player???? The only thing they have in common is their love-handles. :(

only kidding Gaz!

Ah those were the good old days...

Party's over: It's time you grew up, Roberto Mancini tells Manchester City's revelling stars

Roberto Mancini has issued a final warning to his partying Manchester City players and vowed to crack down on their errant behaviour after more embarrassing revelations this week.

The City boss is ‘unhappy’ with Gareth Barry, Joe Hart, Adam Johnson and Shay Given for attending a drunken student party in St Andrews after what should have been a sensible golf trip.

The Italian implied on Thursday he would not tolerate another such incident and echoed that sentiment yesterday.

And England manager Fabio Capello will not be impressed by the fact that three of his players were guilty of ‘a serious error of judgment’.

Hart, his country’s first-choice keeper, received a veiled warning from Capello after being caught dancing, singing and drinking on a bar in Spain shortly before the European qualifying clash against Montenegro.

This time the party-goers were caught on camera, with Barry, 29, declaring to star-struck revellers: ‘We’ve come a long way, it’s been windy, it’s been raining, we’re in St Andrews, let’s party!’

Johnson, 23, is clearly developing a track record for such incidents, having recently been warned about his off-field behaviour by Mancini, but so too are Barry and Hart.

Capello may question whether 23-year-old Hart is taking his position seriously, concluding that while he might be talented he still lacks maturity.

The players were in training on Monday after City’s 3-0 defeat by Arsenal the day before but were then told that Tuesday would be a day off, so they flew to Scotland to play golf.

That they then ended up at a student residence, reportedly staying there until 2.30am,
before playing golf the next morning and flying home in time for training on Wednesday
is not something Mancini is prepared to accept.

He said he will deal with his players ‘in the dressing room’ but added: ‘I don’t understand why they have chosen this and I am unhappy about it. We are playing every three or four days at the moment and it is difficult enough to recover.’

When asked about Johnson in particular, Mancini said: ‘This is normal because Johnson is young. But I want to resolve this problem in the dressing room. Not here. It was a day off and they can go where they want, but when we are playing every three days they need to know it’s important they recover well between games.

‘But this is not a problem only for us at City, it is a problem for many British players; it’s a cultural thing.’

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp recently said alcohol was the main problem for English
players, having banned his side from nightclubs last season after a series of incidents.

Mancini has other issues to address, most notably the decision to let Carlos Tevez fly
to Argentina when some feel he should receive treatment in Manchester for a thigh injury.

‘He went to Argentina because he must solve some family problems for three days but he will continue treatment there with the Argentinian team masseur,’ said Mancini, before insisting he had a ‘good’ relationship with his captain.

‘He can’t play so he asked permission to go to Argentina. It’s important he can recover
and he will be available next weekend against West Brom.’

Striker Mario Balotelli will start alongside Emmanuel Adebayor at Wolves today, but
Shaun Wright-Phillips and Wayne Bridge will be left out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...i-tells-Manchester-Citys-revelling-stars.html

Fun times.

His standards have slipped recently, he actually had orange flashes on his boots.... Always been a short sleeves, black boots man previously!

Anyhow, been a top player and those of us lucky enough to see him play regularly really understand how good a player he is.

Could still be doing a job for us now. Barry's never been quick, he's just so clever and reads the game unbelievably well.

Probably the most under-rated English player of his generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.