Biggest Cult Hero?

You don’t have to worry mate. I think it’s me who should be worried. Pep didn’t wanna play him but somehow picked him 40 times? That’s not the kind of logic that makes me think I’m making a mistake in siding with the greatest football brain on the planet rather than ‘Stoned Rose’ from the Internet. It’s probably what makes Kolarov a bit of a cult hero actually, unappreciated by your average joe but when it comes to world-class football coaches who’ve played and coached football at the very highest level all their lives and know what they’re talking about, they consistently choose him as one of the first names on the teamsheet. It kinda makes me think he’s actually a good player and was actually an important part of all the trophies we won while he was here.

Again, he was picked because we had fuck all choice. It was him or declining Clichy.

My point remains- he was wank.

Your point remains - he was a cult hero to you, and that’s your prerogative.

Was going to start a new thread but found this one. Was listening to a podcast with Lineker,Shearer and Micah talking about cult heroes. To me there are heroes/legends, King Colin is tops, but a cult hero is someone who was good or bad,had character on and off the pitch, and people remember them for all aspects not just for their football.
My top five are Mario, Bert, Joey,Glauber,Yaya.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.