Biggest game of my life - Adam Johnson

Miami Weiss

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/May/Biggest-game-of-my-life-admits-Adam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... dmits-Adam</a>

Adam Johnson admits that Wednesday night’s showdown with Spurs will be the biggest game of his career.

But the England hopeful, for whom the match is likely to present just a 13th start of the campaign since his switch from Middlesbrough, can’t wait.

“It is the kind of game in which anyone would want to play in,” he declared. “It is the kind of game that I wanted to be involved in when I joined City and the most important in which I have been part of.

“We have got to be strong both in our mental approach and physically. It is a must win match for us and we know that.”

Despite his relatively tender years, Johnson loves the big match atmosphere and is sure that he and his teammates will not buckle under the weight of expectation on Wednesday night.

“There will be pressure there for sure but I don’t mind that,” he asserted.

“I like pressurised situations and in terms of the team I think we showed on Saturday when we were a goal behind after 40 minutes against Aston Villa that we can handle adversity within a game and be strong.

“Obviously Spurs will come here full of confidence after their recent run but with our crowd behind us and our home record they will know they face a huge challenge.”

Johnson could be joined in the squad for the match by Gareth Barry after the midfielder made progress from a hamstring strain but the Blues will definitely be without Shay Given, Joleon Lescott and Stephen Ireland for the contest.

More of the same after Villa.

Great to see how the players realise how big this game is, and not just another game, they know it could change the history of football.

Another performance from Jonno like saturday and i'd be very happy.

i hope he doesnt go missing throughout the game

he was really good vs villa so please do the same tomorrow!

Lets hope he steps it up and notch. He was a bit of a non event for the derby and very quiet till he turned it on against villa.

If he can turn up and not be overshadowed it could prove to Fabio that he's worth a world cup spot.

lee-mcfc said:
i hope he doesnt go missing throughout the game

he was really good vs villa so please do the same tomorrow!

Gotta remember only games he really went missing against was Arsenal an the rags. Both of them have very good Left Backs. However Spuds have bale, he isnt a great defender and im sure johnson can exploit that.

california blue said:
Lets hope he steps it up and notch. He was a bit of a non event for the derby and very quiet till he turned it on against villa.

If he can turn up and not be overshadowed it could prove to Fabio that he's worth a world cup spot.

Bale and Assu Acotta(spell) are not as good as Evra and (choke) Neville

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.