Biggest Political Mistake

Fame Monster

What is the biggest political mistake committed by a British PM?

I would go for Thatcher selling off the major utilities.

tueartsboots said:
Bliar going into Iraq on the WMD basis. We knew there weren't any as we supplied the them originally and knew they were now inactive

I'm not sure whether it can be classed as a mistake as Blair knew it was a lie to get the support needed to invade. The situation is very similar to Eden conspiring with the Israelis and French in order to reclaim the Suez. More deceit from the government.

Swales lives said:
Blue Smarties would have creamed his kecks.
Haha!

Anyway, obviously I'm having to do it from my lifetime/when I first took notice of politics so I'm obviously having to say some of these cuts and/or the expenses scandals if they can be claimed as a mistake.

nashark said:

Thatcher selling a large number of council houses off has caused a massive shortage of social housing today culminating in large waiting lists. Major privatising the railways was a bit stupid as well.

Halfpenny said:
nashark said:

Thatcher selling a large number of council houses off has caused a massive shortage of social housing today culminating in large waiting lists. Major privatising the railways was a bit stupid as well.

Rag

mcfcliam said:
Halfpenny said:

Rag
I vote labour, who are red... Shit, you've got me! ;)

Treaty of Versailles must be near the top. That and giving women the vote.

stony said:
Treaty of Versailles must be near the top. That and giving women the vote.

haha you sound like my grandad. the other day he told my grandma ' you've got the vote what more do you want?'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.